Monday, August 22, 2011
Book Review: Third Time's a Charm
Third Time's a Charm is the last book in the Sister-to-Sister series by Virginia Smith. This book follows the baby sister, Tori.
Tori is a hard working young advertising analysts, who is being over worked by her mean, scary boss. She thinks that living your religion is for the birds. Has major Daddy issues. Doesn't care for Joan's boyfriend, Ken. And hates that her family is going more churchy on her. Plus, she loves to shop, have a good time and would love to date, if only she had time to.
But when her boss throws her a curve ball, she starts stressing over everything and it all comes to a boiling point. What is a girl to do? Not to mention the two hot and very different guys that are after her, but which one will be the best for her? She isn't looking for Mr. Right, right now.
So, Tori is shallow. And that was annoying to read. She has a ton of money to spend on whatever she wants, when she wants and doesn't care about it. I wasn't looking forward to reading about her story. Tori's feelings about church and religion come through on the other books, and I found her the most annoying character in all the books. BUT, once I started reading her story, I found that it wasn't that bad. Smith does a good job of pulling all of Tori's concerns into a close. But she kind of leaves on a cliff hanger. Is there a happily ever after? What happens to Tori and her new beau?
And again, religion and God come into play. I found the message in the all three books to be the same, with slight variances. So, if you don't like the religion talk, skip this book. I found it was a good, clean read, although, (SPOILER)there is one incident of sexual harassment. But even that was just some drunk guy trying to kiss Tori.
All-in-all I found the Sister-to-Sister series a quick and fun read. I can't say again, how refreshing it was to read something light and clean. Like I said before, I usually don't read Christian books because they can be pretty heavy on the religion stuff. I like to read and learn about other views on religion, but in a fiction book, I'd rather not have a sermon on every page. These books, do not do that. I found it was just the right balance of fiction and religions views. More fiction and fun, less religious views. And all the heavy stuff is at the end of the book.
Give these books a chance! Third Time's a Charm can be found at Amazon for Kindle for $5.38 or on paperback for as low as $3.20. Or try your local library!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're statement,"I found that is wasn't that bad." made me laugh. After watching so much dreary news these days I really like light and quicks reads.
Post a Comment