Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

For Halloween this year, our theme was Super Mario Brothers!!
Why?
Because we won a Mario hat from Nintendo a few years ago, and Leo looked really cute as Mario, so we finally got our butts in gear and made our costumes this year!

Introducing the Mario Brothers and friends!

Luigi aka Jake

Princess Peach aka Zoe

(I know it's out of focus, but this is the only picture I have that shows the dress from head to toe)

Mario aka Leo

and Toad aka Teage

The whole group!
I made something for every costume.
Leo, well, it's just the gold buttons.
Zoe, I made the dress (!!!! with lots of help from my mom, they came up this weekend!) and crown!
Jake, I made his hat and gold buttons.
Teage, I made his mushroom hat (mom sewed on most of the red dots) and the vest.

I'm super proud of myself for making such awesome costumes! The kids were super cute all dressed up and loved their costumes too!

This year for Halloween, we went to the church for the annual Ward Party and Trunk-or-Treat. But in good ol' Oregon fashion, it was raining. So we stayed inside the church and went from classroom to classroom trick-or-treating!

They also had a costume contest. Leo won for the boy in the 0-2 age group. I think that Zoe should have won for the 3-5 year olds, but I think they wanted to be "fair" and not have a family sweep.

There was lots of activites for the kids to do before the candy rush. Here, they are coloring. They also made bracelets for sticky foam stuff, a cake walk, bobbing for apples (we skipped that), some sort of matching game, and donut on a rope!

Mario eating a donut on a rope. He "cheated" and used his hands, and help from his dad...a nerd!

Luigi trying to get his donut. I had to tell him to use his hands. He tried so hard without them, but he just wasn't focusing on the donut.

Zoe got to do one too, but I missed it. I was off with Mario doing the matching game thing.

Toad, well, he just got carried around the whole night. He was super tired and all, but he was fine. Before the kids went around the classrooms, we set up ours and let the kids run around (the gym was super crowded), there, Toad really just ran around and had a blast.

We had fun at the ward party. Got lots of compliments on the costumes and the totes I made for the kids!! And yes, Steve and I dressed up too. He went as a nerd, and I went as a Cheerleader. But does it count if you are wearing your old cheer stuff from ten years ago? (Proud to say I still fit into my cheer warm ups!)

The totes I made for each kid. I have a ton of extra fabric, so I can just make a new on for the rest of the kids that we have yet to have.


This one is Teage's. Each child got to pick out which fabric they wanted. But with Teage, we "helped" him. I love this bag!

Here is Jake's. He did a good job picking out his fabric.

Leo's here. Steve wasn't sure on this one when Leo picked out the fabric, but I think it works!

Zoe of course picked out all purple. I added some orange so it wasn't ALL purple. And because purple is my favorite, this tote is my favorite!

All in all, this Halloween was a good one! Not as fun as last years, hanging out with Steve's brother and sister and their families, but good for us!

Hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The costumes turned out SO cute. I am so impressed you made Zoe's dress (even with help from mom) -- it's perfect!

Rachel said...

HAHAHA, looooooooove the themed Mario Bros costumes! SO cute!

Heather said...

They look so cute!! I love all the costumes!!