Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's Our Anniversary...

...our anniversary...

6 years ago we were married for all time and eternity at the Seattle Temple.

As you can see, it was a beautiful Seattle rainy day. But, we're told that before we came out of the temple, the heavens opened up and a ray of sunshine fell onto the temple. It wasn't raining at all during our pictures.
This pose has been done with Steve's older brother and sister when they were married. It's kind of a tradition, I suppose. Very sweet!

I think this is my favorite picture from that day. Very sweet and it just says a lot!
And in case you're wondering, yes, it was a Friday we got married on. Friday the 13th!! So far, it has brought us luck in our marriage!

We look so young and in love. What happened??

After the Temple, Steve's step-dad, Harry, took everyone out to Granny's Buffet. Yep, our first meal together was an all you can eat place.
Then, we drove the hour and half up to Bellingham/Ferndale for our reception.
It had stopped raining by then. It was one of the best days of my life. Quickly followed by the births of each child and Steve's graduation. So far!

Look at how young Steve looks! I was 19 and he was 23 when we got married.
We honeymooned in Victoria, B.C. Back when the dollar was worth more than the Looney.
I would love some day to go back to Victoria and do a lot more. We had so much fun! And my favorite Christmas ornaments came from our honeymoon. Beautiful butterflies and Native American drawings of ocean animals on a big red ball. So pretty.

So, some facts.
In the 6 years of marriage, we have lived in 6 different places. Bellingham, Auburn, two places in North Logan, and two places in Logan. Soon to add a 7th place somewhere in Portland.

Our first anniversary was spent camping, in the rain, at the ocean. How fun is that? The rain today just makes this day that much more special for me!

Of our 6 anniversaries, I've been pregnant for 4 of them. Our first, I was prego with Jake. Our third, very prego with Zoe. Our fourth, just barely pregnant with Leo. And now our sixth, very pregnant with Teage (oops, dropped his name, oh well)

We have lived most of our marriage in Utah.

We've only had 3 cars in our marriage. Started it off with Old Blue, a 1980 Toyota Corolla (we went halvies on it before we got married); Betty, a 2004 VW Beetle (she was my dream car and I loved her very much); and now Penny, our 2002 Nissan Quest (she's a good girl, lots of pep to her).

We have only been out of the country once (Canada, honeymoon). And to 5 different states (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, and California) together on vacation. I think our favorite vacation was to Cali for Steve's older brother's sealing. It was done at the Oakland Temple (my favorite temple), and then we spent the day in San Francisco with Dave and his daughter Erin. It was a blast. Closely followed by our month long vacation to Washington two years ago.

Now, for the mushy part.

It's amazing how fast 6 years can go by. I remember when I first went to college, oh so long ago, I wasn't looking for a boyfriend. I wasn't looking for a husband. But, Steve was looking for a girlfriend. Not a wife. We started dating, and I remember sometime after the new year, he called me from work and said that while praying he got the feeling that maybe he shouldn't go down to Utah and try to get into BYU. That he should stay in Bellingham and see what happens with our relationship. It's all his fault for bring up marriage first!

I'm so glad he listened to that promoting. Six months after that conversation, we were married. A year and half after we were married, we welcomed our first child into our family. It's amazing what you can find when you're not looking for it. I really did find the perfect person for me. We get each other on so many levels. We complete each other. We have fun together. Even just staying home and playing games with the kids, or with each other, we have fun. He really is my best friend. I just can't see myself with anyone else.

Steve is just wonderful. I feel so terrible that I don't get a lot done these days. I feel good, for being 8 months pregnant, but just picking up clothes to do laundry wears me out. He is more than willing to do the dishes, clean the house, even do some laundry. And he is the best cook ever!

I really can't wait to spend a few thousand more 6 years together! I love you honey!!

2 comments:

Damaris said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on six years.

Tonee said...

Very sweet! You guys really are perfect for eachother!