Yesterday, after Primary we have sacrament (we do things backwards in our ward :P), Jake and I were talking about what he learned in Primary. He told me he drew a picture of the Temple and learned about Temples. What about, I don't know. But asked him if he would like to go to the Temple someday. Jake replyied, "I want to go to the Temple. Please don't say no." My heart just melted at that. So, I told him that we could go see the Temple tomorrow.

So that is what we did today. The Temple is closed today, so we thought it would be a good idea to take them today so there are a million people going in and out and maybe even a couple weddings going on. (Side note, for our anniversary on Saturday, we went to the Temple and there were like a MILLION wedding parties. I'm so glad we got married on a Friday. Friday the 13th, nonetheless. Only one other wedding happened that day, and she was getting ready as I was leaving. Good times)
So that is what we did today. The Temple is closed today, so we thought it would be a good idea to take them today so there are a million people going in and out and maybe even a couple weddings going on. (Side note, for our anniversary on Saturday, we went to the Temple and there were like a MILLION wedding parties. I'm so glad we got married on a Friday. Friday the 13th, nonetheless. Only one other wedding happened that day, and she was getting ready as I was leaving. Good times)
We didn't sit down and talk to them at all about the Temple, but just let them wonder and feel the goodness that comes from the scared ground. Plus, they wouldn't stop long enough for anything. We walked, the kids ran, all away around the Temple. And by the time we made it back to the van, it was raining. And by the time we got inside and driving to the store, it was really raining! Good times though. Maybe next time we see the Temple, we'll actually have a little lesson. (And hopefully it'll be one of Mommy's favorite Temples, Portland!)
1 comment:
Such cute kiddos!
Post a Comment