Also, I do not have any pictures for the actual partial amputation. That is an image I'm trying to forget and I think that no parent should ever see. So sorry for all you gory seekers out there.
Here is Zoe in the ER. Her thumb had not been reattached yet, but they had just cleaned it. She wasn't very happy about it.
Here she is, all done with the stitching, x-rays and with a popsicle in hand. She was very happy to be done.
This is today, when we changed the bandages. Less blood, more brusing. Sorry for the blurriness, phone photos don't take good close ups.
This is still today, just the top of the finger. You can see the lack of a nail, bruising and some of the stitches on the side.
So there you go, the pictures I promised. Sorry if it grossed you out some. It's really not that bad looking now. And I truly hope that neither I, nor any of you, ever see anything on your kids partially or all the way amputated. Every night when I finally go to bed, it's the picture I see in my head, is my poor little girl's thumb hanging on by a small patch of skin. That image will haunt me for the rest of my life.
2 comments:
What an ouchie! Hopefully all will heal good. Am glad she is doing better and using the hand. Kisses to the brave little girl.
Love ya,
Grammy
Oh my yuckiness!! That looks so ouchy!!! I'm glad she is okay! And had a fun vday to top it off! :)
Post a Comment