Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

And what a day it is! Leo is sick, I'm sick, Steve is working a longer shift then scheduled, and Zoe is healing. *Happy* Valentine's Day! Anyways, I took some pictures of the card/gift I made for Steve. I got the idea from a friend of mine (she posted a blog about this a couple days ago and thought it was really cute and something the kids would like to do for Daddy). I think they're way cute.
This is our fishy family! There's the Daddy in the upper left, and Mommy right below him, with a little fishy in her tummy, then a Jake fishy up by Daddy and Zoe and Leo right behind Mommy!

This is the fishy I made for Steve. I like the heart head!

Jake picked out the all the papers for his fishy to Daddy. And he said all those nice things about his Daddy too, not just Mommy saying things about Daddy.

Zoe also picked out all the papers for her fishy. She's really into yellow right now, so that's why her fishy is on a yellow paper. She also said all those wonderful things about Daddy.

This is Leo's fishy. He was sleeping at the time, so he got the left over papers. And he didn't say any of those things about Daddy. Mommy put words in his mouth!

Steve made me a slide show of some of the pictures from the last year. He did something like that last year and for my birthday. It's been something he does since my first birthday with him as a married couple. It's very sweet and sort of a tradition now. He also hung love poems around the house, in the bathroom, refrigerator and in my computer. He also changed my background to something about Valentine's Day and sent my a very romantic e-mail. Also, my parents sent me flowers. A big thing of red carnations. Not my favorite flower (one summer my mom had the bright idea of growing carnations in our back porch and have me pick them. They were infested with earwigs and totally grossed me out. I can't look at carnations the same anymore). But it's the thought that counts! Thanks Mom and Dad!


The kids got a bag of candy from Grandpa Phil and Tana yesterday. My parents got the kids a box of Tart Sweethearts, a Valentine's bear and clothes. They all got a Yo Gaba Gaba Shirt and another outfit. Which Zoe had to put her's on right away. It's the first thing with sleeves that she has wanted to put on and that didn't hurt her too much. But her thumb did get caught, and she cried, but not too much or too loud.

The kids bounty from Grammy and Boppie.

Zoe's outfit that she just had to put on. And then ran all through the house away from me, who was trying to get a picture and ended up in Leo's room.

We also got some strawberries and milk and white chocolate to hand dip them ourselves. We we're going to do the stake sponsored Valentine's Ball thing yesterday, but the people in the nursery wouldn't take Leo. We would have had to keep him with us. Not a very *fun* date that they advertised as a night out without any kids. So we left, I was mad (but I'm pregnant and emotional) we got our tax return (that the IRS found a mistake and gave us more money than what we were planning on getting) so we rented a few movies, got some Sushi take out and came home, put the kids to bed and had a nice quiet night together. Steve promised to make me a nice dinner tonight and put the kids to bed again early, but we'll see how that goes. My tummy is not liking food right now.

Anyways, we hope all of you are having a great Valentine's Day!!

1 comment:

Janae @ Bring-Joy said...

Sara, you amaze me! You are such an involved, creative wife and mother. I knew you wanted to have a big family growing up, and it's so wonderful to see it all unfold. Your kids are adorable and I love the fishy cards. So creative!