
Today is our 5th Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 5 years already. The time sure does fly by. This picture was taken about a week before we got married. Thanks to Kevin and Jessica for taking those pictures. We ended up giving people picture frames with pictures for this "photo shot" as a thank you present for helping out for our wedding. Anyways, 5 years, WOW! We really did get married on Friday the 13th! So far, it's been a lucky date for us!! I love Steve more than the day we got married. He really is my "Edward Cullen"! Me makes me so happy. He takes care of me when I'm sick or just tired of being a mom. He loves me more each day. He gets me more than anyone else. He makes me feel safe when I'm with him. Which is a good thing when I'm almost 25 years old and still afraid of the dark. I didn't think I could love him any more than I already did when we first got married. Then we had kids. And it's like I love him more each time we have another child. He is the most wonderful father, and that makes me love him even more!

In our 5 years of marriage, we have lived in 6 different apartments. Bellingham, Auburn, 2 different apartments in Devonshire in North Logan, Logan by Cafe Sabor, and then Aggie Village. We have three kids all 3 and under. We have lived in Utah for the majority of our marriage. Steve is almost 30, and I'll be 25 in August. We've been students for most of our marriage. We've had three cars in our marriage (5 since we've been together, R.I.P Molly and Jasper. I killed Jasper on I-5, he tried to kill my best friend Kelley on the way to a Temple Trip 5 years ago.) Old Blue, Betty and now Penny. Yes, we name our cars. We've only had one brand new car, Betty. She was a VW Bug. I loved that car a lot and miss her a ton! As newlyweds, we were never in Nursery. We were called to Primary right after Zoe was born, and that wasn't a good idea. That was the only time, until now, that we've had a calling together. It was fun, but wasn't for us in the end.

Our first date was out of this country! I should say, that our first official date, was out of this country. He asked me out on Sunday after Break the Fast, then on Monday, after FHE, we went to the movies. I think we saw
Sweet Home Alabama with my friends. Then Wednesday, we went out with my friends again over to Nate's. Which, is kind of funny. Nate really wanted to go out with Carlee, but she had shot him down, so I was his number 2 pick. So, he used that time to serenade me with a song about a dog, not realizing that I was with Steve. Steve let him down gently that night and told him not to give up on Carlee. Good thing, they got married a month after we did! Thursday, we did something, but I can't remember what it was now. Then, finally our date to Canada with Zack and Julie, and Erin and Peter, and Scott and Casey. I think, that's who was all there. I know for sure it was at least a double date with Zack and Julie. But by the time our "official" date came, we we're already dating. Yeah, it only took a week before he couldn't let me go!

We have had a lot of up and downs. This past year, probably being the hardest. But we got through it because we have each other. By the end of this year, we'll finally be adults and out in the real world. I'm so glad that I get to grow old and wrinkly with Steve. He is the best husband a girl could ask for! He means so much to me. I can't imagine having a life without him now. Plus, we make really cute babies! In the last 5 years, we have grown so much. We have grown together as a couple, as a family and as best friends. He makes me whole. He completes me in ways that I didn't even know that I was missing that part of me. I'm so lucky to have a husband that can take me to the Temple whenever we want. That's what we're doing today. After he gets down with classes, he's taking me to the Temple to do sealings. Just sealings. Then out to dinner. Again, thanks Adam for being our baby-sitter! But Steve is just, I don't know. Amazing, wonderful, loving, caring, awesome, funny, did I say wonderful yet?! I love him more than anything else in this world. Well, besides our kids. I'm so looking forward to another 5 years plus eternity! I can't wait to meet our next 4 kids. I can't wait to see what our life together will bring us. I'm so glad that I get to do life with Steve. That he is my eternal companion. Eternal glory wouldn't be quite as fun without Steve. He truly brings out the best in me. He made me into the women I am today. He makes me so happy! I love you, Steve! Thank you for making me your bride and for making me a mommy and for everything that you do for me! I truly love you more than words could ever say. I love you!
2 comments:
Happy 5th!! That is so exciting and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Congrats guys! Just think...things are supposed to get easier and more exciting after all the school and the first 5 years (that's what we were told, anyway). Best of luck, always!
Post a Comment