Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What did I just read?

Tonight as I'm readying a bed time story to Jake and Zoe, Steve and I did a double take. "What did you just read?" In this book Read Me a Story, Please - Fussy by Anne Fine, I read this, "And he wanted his telephone with the long red loopy wire, and his sailing boat, and his zoo animals, and the shiny winter jacket Gran bought him on Saturday, and his green plastic frog, and his truck and his toy cars, and his pretend bottle of beer." What was that? Did you just say that to see if I was paying attention? Asked Steve. Nope, it really says "pretend bottle of beer" and not only once, but again on the next page! What the...seriously? How did that one get pass the editors? 

1 comment:

Meredith said...

OH MY GOSH!!! seriously! who puts that in a children's book!