Thursday, April 24, 2008

Answers

We got our answer to where we are suppose to go after graduation. It's kind of weird to know this far out, but I think our situation is a little different than most. So this is a picture of the city where the Richins' will be living for 5-7 years after graduation. Can you guess what city it is? Here's a hint, it's in the Pacific Northwest. And by the picture we get to see a mountain (on a clear day). As you look closer, you'll notice no Space Needle. So that leaves out Seattle. How about another picture? Does this help anyone? This is probably my favorite Temple ever! I wanted to get married in it, but Steve said that probably wasn't that good of an idea. Well, if you can't figure it now, I'll go ahead and tell ya. We're going to Portland, Oregon! I'm really excited. It's where we wanted to go for an internship (we all know how that turned out). I was really excited when we finally got our prayers answered. Going to Portland is going to be a blast. We'll be about 2 hours from Steve's mom, 4 hours from Bellingham, about 4 from Steve's dad in Moses Lake, and about 6 hours from my parents. Only my parents now have two really scary mountain passes to drive through, but after that they get to drive along the Columbia River!! An amazing drive if you ever get a chance to do it. And it's really cool to see Mt. Hood peeking out as you drive. And that reminds me, I'll be closer to where my brother's ashes were spread. He wanted to be on Mt. Hood. I can't really remember where he's at, but I'm sure my mom remembers. So yeah, we'll be going to Portland in December. Now, we just need to get a job and an apartment. Thank you all who have kept us in your prayers, thoughts, good juju, whatever. We really appreciate all of ya'lls help.

And on a side note. Can you believe this? It's only a week before May, and it's SNOWING! I really hate this winter/spring that we're having here in Logan. I just want it to be spring and then summer already!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

WOW, Portland is awesome! That is really exciting. I honestly would love to live there. I'm really happy for you both!

Meredith said...

YAY!! that is so exciting! Portland is way cool.... Marco and I have contemplated Portland for a future destination. I hope you love it... i know it's a while away, but you'll have to let us know how it goes!

:: ashley :: said...

wow thats far! we will miss you guys!

Clayton and Camea said...

I grew up about 40 min from Portland! I love it there. If you want advice on where to live, let me know. If Steve doesn't mind the drive, Canby (where I lived) is beautiful! The schools are really good too.