Saturday, April 21, 2012

Weight Loss: Week 7 (And a Half-Marathon!)

Well, I did it! I ran 13.1 miles! Yeah, in 2:53:00. But, at least I finished! And I didn't stop, or walk. Even though I'm sure the walkers would have passed me if I hadn't passed them earlier.

I think I did great, considering I started training 8 weeks ago, with a week off. I wouldn't suggest doing that. At all. Really, I was in a lot of pain and going really slow there at the end. But at least I did it! 

I am so proud that I stuck with it and didn't give up! And I really couldn't have done it without the support and encouragement of my husband and kids. They cheered for me, raced ahead of me and cheered me on. Steve even ran with me in a few spots (loops around a play area) to encourage me. I have the BEST husband ever! Really, I am one blessed girl!


Start of the race! 

The loop were Steve joined me. I was really hurting here. 

Just before the finish line. I tried to pick up the pace!

Although it was super hard, it was so worth it! I think I'll do another. Soon. I'm thinking the 4th of July!

Now, for the weight loss! I did it! I reached my goal by my end date!!! I am so proud of that too! I'm feeling great! Looking great! Now, onto my next goal! (Gotta work of Jake and Zoe's baby weight now!)




Starting Weight: 176 
Last Weeks Weight: 164
This Weeks Weight: 162
Total Loss This Week: -2
Total Loss: 14
Pounds to Lose: 0


Next goal: 143.5

Photobucket


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

you go girl how are you losing the weight any special secret you can give me

Rachel said...

WOW, you look phenomenal!!! You rock, that is awesome!

Emmy said...

Congrats congrats!!! That truly is so awesome! Especially since you just barely started training, very impressed. And you look great!