On Saturday it was super nice outside. I'm thinking it was the last sunny day of Fall. It was in the mid 60's! The prefect day to go to the zoo!
By the time we got there, almost all the parking spots were taken. We snagged one of the last ones. =)
After walking a mile to get in line (which, there was someone smoking...I just don't get smoking. Thanks, but I'd rather not breathe in your toxic killing fumes. Go kill yourself somewhere far away from my sweet babies!) we finally got ourselves inside. All three of the older kids MUST have a map. Really, the world is going to end without a map!
I don't know what it was, but ALL the animals were out and about. And so was everyone else. It was so crowded! It didn't help that they animals were out too. Usually it's just move, peek and go. It was look, stare, point, take pictures, linger and then move on.
But I was good. I only wanted to severely hurt a few preteen girls. Do you really need to get close to me or climb all over me and the stroller to see the thousands of penguins? Really? You're old enough to stand behind me...or at least know to WAIT YOUR TURN!
And since we couldn't find our camera before we left for the Zoo (I have since found it under the piles of papers sent home from school...kill trees much? Yikes!) we used our iPhones to take pictures.
I'm also trying something new. The collage. Made by me in photoshop. I'm not happy with them, but it'll have to do. I need to play around more with doing this sort of thing.
I just have to say that that beaver was sure showing off. It was following a dude taking a video of it. Then, after he left, the beaver swam down to where the kids were and was "talking" to them. By the time I got my phone out, he was at the top of the water again. It was awesome!
And the monkey area is my favorite part of the zoo. If you ever get to the Oregon Zoo, do so! It is a pretty cool zoo! And the primate exhibit is the coolest one I've ever seen!
Africa is Jake and Leo's favorite part of the zoo. Giraffes and lions. Need I say more? I love that all the lions were out! And both giraffes. And this one cat with what looked like feathers on it's ear. It's always empty, so it was a surprise when I saw one poke it's head out. And then three more came out and they were chasing each other. Where have you've been this whole time???
We also explored another part of the zoo that we also skip. What were we thinking? A lizard, more cool monkeys and a crocodile. Never again will we skip that part!
Oh, and yes, we all wore our game day shirts. I ordered two for Jake and Zoe. They were HUGE on them. Oh well. At least we were all sporting our Utah State awesomeness! Go Aggies! Only one BYU fan came up to us...while I was nursing Dexter by the elephants. Really? That was the time you wanted to talk about my Aggies, while my boob was hanging out? (Not to worry, I was using the nursing cover I made!)
All in all, a good zoo trip! We all had fun and Dexter was so good in the snugglie! He slept most of the time. And the kids were good! No fighting! And everyone got to see the animal they wanted to see!
PS We totally crushed Wyoming!!! We had to listen to the game via ustream. It was so worth. This weeks game will be on ESPN 3, ie the Xbox ESPN channel! =)


1 comment:
What fun! I love going to the zoo. Yours sounds much better than mine. Seriously. So awesome.
Post a Comment