Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cloth Diaper Review: Zookies NB Diaper Cover


Zookies Newborn Diaper Cover is a work-at-home-mom (WAHM) made diaper. The covers fits babies from about 7-11 pounds. They are waterproof and work with a fitted diaper, a pre-fold or as a swim diaper. She makes sized diapers, S, M, and L and will do NB (XS) or a One-sized diaper, upon request.


I had a bunch of pre-folds that I really didn't want to go to waste. I had enough pocket and AIO diapers to be ok, but everyone was saying that PFs and covers were the way to go. So I looked for some cute covers on Etsy and found Zookies!


I sent her a message asking for two NB covers. She got right back to me and after sending her my fabric choice, had them made in a day and in the mail the next!


I LOVE these covers! They work really well with the newspaper/angel fold that we use for folding our PF's.




Newspaper/Angel fold with a snappie.

The Covers fit Dexter from birth. And worked until he was just about 15 pounds (we took them with us on our last camping trip, Labor Day weekend, and weren't meant to be used, just a *in case*. Well *in case* happened, and we used them. Still fit a 15 pound baby!)

Just with any other cover, you need to move things around to make sure the cover is covering up all the PF, or you'll have a leak. We never had any kind of leak (that wasn't our fault). They fit great for a long time and are just too stinkin' cute!

My only real issue with these, is when I would go just a tab long on the changing, the way that they are made with the bias tape running along the inside and outside of the diaper, did cause wicking, or leaking to happen. That would happen when we used the Little American Covers.

And when I would wash them with diapers with Velcro on them, it seemed like every time, the Velcro would come undone and stick to that bias tape. Ruining and fraying the tape. And I have noticed in a few spots, where the stitching is coming undone. That is probably from the fraying, and something I can fix. :(

Other than that, I LOVE these! I really would like to get more. We have tons of PF's in a regular size, so they would fit both Dexter and Teage!



Zookies is priced very well. For a NB cover they are $10. For a S,M, or L they are $15. And the OS is $17. You can choose either snaps or Velcro. She is more than willing to work with you!

Zookies can be found on Etsy, Facebook and her website, Zookies Diaper Covers and More. If you are wanting a cute cover for your fitted diaper, or are using PFs, then Zookies has what you are looking for!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

What cute diapers. And of course your baby model is extra adorable. Every time I read a diaper post, I lament that I didn't go with cloth.

Jen said...

I used cloth for my first two kids and at the time I LOVED them! I never did go crazy trying a bunch of covers, and never got the hang of prefolds - have to say I am so impressed that you took them camping :)

Chell said...

Cloth diapers have come such a LONG way! The covers they have are so adorable!