
and a little bit of
and maybe some of this
And of, course we had to watch this
Portland episode. We had to show him our favorite place: VooDoo Doughnuts
Glad to know that my big bro has good taste in tv!
We talked for a bit. He used to coach volleyball. Come to find out, he's been in the same room as Demi Moore. Why? Well because Rumer's volleyball team was in his same league and they played each other. He said that Rumer was a good v-ball player and that no one bothered Demi. Um, yeah. G.I Jane anyone? She would totally kick your trash! Duane also said that Demi was a great v-ball mom and was at every match!
Then we swapped stories of other celebrity sightings him and Steve have had.
Duane totally rose up on the cool factor, in my book. (But shouldn't all big brothers be cool?)
Around 11:30 it was time to take Duane back to his hotel. (I told him he could have crashed here, but he had a student with him that he took under his wing when the got stranded here and paid for her hotel room. What a good guy! OH don't worry, two different rooms were booked...he's not a perv!) He made a small request...We had to stop at VooDoo. Thank goodness they are open 24 hours!
Duane at VooDoo
They were running low, but we were able to order two maple bacon bars and three ODB's. Mmmm, so yummy! He ate his in the van before I got to his hotel. He took the top of the box for his classroom, gave me hug and said thanks!
My breakfast in the morning was half of the other maple bacon bar and an ODB. Steve took the other half and the other ODB
Doesn't that look yummy?
Anywho, I had a great time hanging out with my brother. It doesn't happen much. We have a weird relationship. I blame the 17 year age difference, among other things. But, all is well now. And we can talk in the car for an hour without any weird pauses, and watch good tv!
Thanks Duane for the doughnuts and the good time! We need to do this again!




14 comments:
17 years, that's a big difference! I'm the baby too, my brother is 7 years older and I have two older sister as well. I love spending time with my family but living 23 hours apart obviously makes that a little difficult. I'm glad you had such a good visit.
Thanks for linking up!
What a great impromptu visit form your brother - I love it when things work out like that!
~Becca
Ive heard of VooDoo doughnuts and really want to go there.
Glad you had a great visit with your brother.
That is so cool that you got to have unexpected time with your brother.
Those donuts sound....interesting!
Oh....and isn't Big Bang hilarious???
You live near Portland? I don't think I knew that. I've only heard of VooDoo donuts because of Mimi and Xasmin going there. What is an ODB? Old Dirty Bastard? That's all that I could come up with (since he's a rapper). I'm glad you got to spend time with your big bro.
Is there really bacon on the maple bacon bars?
Thank you so much for linking up! We appreciate it.
I'd love to give those donuts a try!
So cool you got to hang out with your brother.
That is so awesome! I wonder if my brothers would call me if they were stranded like that- I hope so. And wow 17 years- that is a huge difference.
way cool! I have a friend that has said the same things about Garth Brooks. His daughters where in the same school system was her daughter and was on the same cheer squad. He's been seen at the HellMart like regular folk and all and no bothers him. I think that once we all get over the first shock of seeing a celebrity and realize they are just like us, they become regular folk.
all but Brad Pitt. He could never be regular. He's High Octane!
mmm. donuts.I always wanted a brother. But I got a fabulous sister :)
OMG, does this make me want a doughnut!
how lovely for him to visit
Holy crap, I need one of those doughnuts, STAT!!!
Those doughnuts sound amazing. We don't have any place like that around here.
Post a Comment