I did a lot of research on this diaper. I found, you either loved it or hated it. I also found that a lot of celebrities use this diaper. It comes in the biggest selection of solids and prints. I soooo wanted to get the Glow in the Dark Skull diaper for all three boys. But didn't.
We tired to use this diaper while Dexter's cord was still there, but because of the Velcro being so high, it just didn't work. It rubbed on the cord and made him bleed. We waited to start using this diaper for when the cord fell off. So, at about two weeks old.
We used the diaper all the way snapped down, and I think that caused a lot of our problems. Stuff the diaper with just ONE insert was a pain in the butt. I can't imagine putting two in there. The insert was just the prefect size for all the way unsnapped, so being snapped, created this wrinkle at the top of the diaper. I had leaks up the yin-yang with this diaper. I don't have heavy wetters. I know that one insert would be enough. But after his first pee, it would just leak. The wrinkles created openings for the pee to leak out.
So, when he got older and I could unsnap everything, I hoped that it would work. It did not. I just couldn't get the leg holes to tighten up enough to stop the gaps. He would always leak. And I don't have a chunky or skinny baby. Just a normal baby. Although, it held the poop in, barely.
And I HATED washing this diaper. The laundry tabs are just like the RagaBabe, where you just fold the tabs over instead of hooking them on a tab in the diaper. They would come unstuck in the wash and hook onto my favorite diapers. :(
The Happy Heiny's Mini will cost you $18.97 for a solid. Add a dollar for a print. Or you can get them for a dollar cheaper through the manufacture's website. And the more you buy, the bigger the savings you will get. Buy at least three and you'll see a 50 cent savings. I think that's a little bit too pricey for a Newborn diaper. Especially one that is so hit and miss with their customers.
All in all, I hated this diaper. It leaked, washing it was a nightmare, and it cost too much. But I loved their colors and prints (22 in all).
Just like anything else, what didn't work for me, might work for you. Although, I would look for a gently used one first. Or for a second, before you get yourself a whole stash of these diapers.
You can purchase Happy Heiny's at my affiliate, Kelly's Closet. Or through Happy Heiny's.

2 comments:
Great review, I tried several different cloth diapers for our newborn and we decided that the Grovia snap shell was best for us. Our newborn uses it with no problems as does our toddler. I considered trying the happy heiny but the price was just way too much for me to try, glad i did not.
I love that they're called Happy Heiny's haha
Post a Comment