Talk to us Tuesday

Today, I'm linking up with Shawn and IA for their, Talk to Us Tuesday.
K, so last week was a vent. Thanks for reading that. This week, I promise is NOT a vent. (Even though yesterday I got called a bad mama in front of other mama's while waiting for my daughter at the bus stop by my mean old neighbor downstairs)
Anyways!
I was thinking.
Thinking isn't always a good thing. But yeah.
I REALLY enjoyed creating my makeover for my blog. I found the place where all the cool peeps (like Shawn and IA) got their cute little "avatars" (that's what I call them. I guess that is wrong. They are called character illustrations, and there is a website with a butt load of them!) that I could not find at all this weekend.
I'm researching all the latest how-tos and tips on blog design and doing this and that.
I'm thinking, that maybe I would like to start designing blogs. For a price. And not some crazy amount (um, hello $400 is WAY too much for what I did to my blog!) but for a reasonable, cheap amount.
Back, a few years ago, when "scrapbook" blogs were all the rage, I used to do my own then, too. Now that I've figured out how to create my own fancy background and all the fancy html stuff.
I know what it's like to want a cute blog, and not have the funds to pay for something every simple, like what I did to my blog. Really, it just took me two days to do all that I did.
Ok, sounding board, what do you think? Do you think I've got the skillz? You like what I have done? Do you think this is a dumb idea? Talk to me!!! Please!
I really don't want to flood the market and/or be left hanging. (That so happened to me the last time I created my own business. Sara's Sassy Mom and Baby tanked, big time!)
9 comments:
YES! I know I told you this, but your design in one of my favorites. If it's something you enjoy doing and learning about, then I think it's a great idea! And it's a job you could do from home.
I know the blogging design business has exploded the past couple years, but I think it's something you could do with little start up $, and on your own terms..and there are ALWAYS bloggers looking for a makeover!
You did a great job! By the way the last bucket said faith. Have a great day my friend!
Did you find istock? That's where Shawn and I found our sassy little girls. I think if you like doing blog design, then you should try it. I would rather pay someone than have to do it myself!
I love your page! It looks very cute! Thank you for linking up with us! =)
I love the new look! Purple was a great choice. I love the little Panda Bear on Zoe's shirt!
I love it and it's so easy to read!
You can do it.
Sandy
If it's something you like enough to do as a side business, I say go for it!
You've already got the skill and as you continue to do more you'll only get better at it. Definitely something to think about!
Your new look does look great! And yes if you want to do it for a little extra money you should- there is a lot of competition but go for it if you want.
Sorry I missed you last week, I was busy preparing for IA's visit.
I love the new look, I have no clue how to do any of that stuff myself.
Missed you this week but understand how enticing a $25 gift card sounds from your girl Mama! Hope to see you back at TTUT next week.
Post a Comment