Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Day Unplugged

Yesterday, I took the challenge offered by Connie to unplug for 8 hours. Meaning, no phone, no computer, no email, no apps, no Facebook, no Twitter. To say I was look forward to this, might be stretching the truth. It's a good thing I had some running around to do. (I took pictures, and was planning doing a super cute photoshop thing, but I got too tired last night to do it, and I dont' want to spend two hours on it this morning. So sorry for the pic overload.)


 The time I woke up at! (I had wanted to see if I could go all day, so I started right off the bat)

 This lil guy was my sleeping partner. He slept in for a few more hours.!

 The kids that were already awake. They woke up when Daddy was getting ready for work. Jake was up too, just sitting closer to the tv. lol!

 Zoe woke up in the time it took me to go pee.

After diaper changes, getting their breakfast ready, linking up to Mamarazzi and Queso's WWTK party (I got it done right before 7!) I was finally able to eat my breakfast at 7:10 am.
 Mmm, Cinnamon Sugar toast, big glass of grape juice and a little bit of reading!

While Dexter was still sleeping, I took the time to take a shower at 7:30 am.
 This is what I look like in the mornings. UGH!

10 minutes later, Dexter woke up. When I got out of the shower I found this:
Zoe LOVES to take care of Dexter for me!


After yelling at some kids, I get to get dressed and I even did my hair!!
 8:10 am, and I'm good to go!

Went into the bedroom, and this is what I found. Too cute!
 Between 8:10 and 8:40, I'm taking care of Dexter. Changing diapers, getting dressed, and 1st breakfast. I read some while I nurse him.

8:48 am, I decide it's time to tackle the kitchen. I take it from this:


To this by 9:15 am!



After the kitchen is done, it's time to get out of the house.
9:15-9:30 am getting the kids dressed and shoes on for our errands.

9:45 am - We go to the kids school to update Zoe's shots.

10 am - Go to Target for the last bit of back to school shopping. Jake got 5 new shirts and shoes. Zoe got black leggings. Leo got big boy underwear for potty training (next week!), Teage got a new shirt to make him happy about being left out. Kitty litter, band aids and new tooth brushes.

10:59 am - Head to McDonald's for lunch! Bring it back home to eat

After lunch, it's time to work on getting my house in order.
11:30 am - 2:30 pm I'm working on getting this:


To this:


I folded and stuffed my diapers, folded clothes and put them away, started more laundry. Changed more diapers. Got a phone call from me Ma while folding clothes. Picked up all the toys (threw them into the kids' room, to be cleaned later), picked up the garbage. Took garbage out. Vacuumed the floor. Changed more diapers. While listening to music LOUD!!!

By the time this was all done, I was super tired. So at 2:30 when I was done, we put on some Care Bears and I snuggle with Dexter on the couch to drift in and out of a nap. I woke up at 3:08 pm from a text from hubby saying he was on the bus heading back to work for their fun on the river (I hate him!).

So what did I miss?
58 emails
3 text
1 Google+ comment
64 blogs
over 300 Facebook updates
Blogger interface update (it's a little weird)
Checking MSN for the latest news
Ebaum's World WTF Wednesday
and some random diaper giveaways via Twitter

But at 4 pm, I loaded up the kids, and drove to Vancouver to visit the Cotton Babies store for some Pre-folds and a little something for my swap partner (she's a cloth diapering mama too!), meet Steve there. Had some Panda Express for dinner, drove back home. Stopped at Safeway for some grocery shopping and getting stuff for our camping trip TOMORROW!!!! So, I was only online for a little bit at 3, then after 8 pm last night.

I've found that my OCD makes me have to read all that missed. By the time I was done checking blogs, emails, commenting, FBing, it was 11 o'clock. We watched Big Brother, and two Dexter season 6 episodes.

I'm glad to be back! I also found that when I can't use my phone or computer, I don't let the kids and we don't watch tv. We listen to music and play with our toys! :D

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You win the day on productivity! Good for you!

Amber said...

I don't know how you even have time TO check your phone! You've got such a busy day!

I'm impressed with how much cleaning you did, I dare say you motivated me to do some much needed cleaning at my apartment tonight!

Gingerrose said...

A cotton babies store?!! Awesome! I can't wait to see what you got me ;) it sounds like you had a crazy busy day, but look at all you got done!

Mrs. M said...

Nice job - I will follow you back! I love "local" friends! :)

I lived in Beaverton for a year when I was 4. Haha....grew up in Vancouver, WA and have lived in B'ham since coming up to go to Western in 94(ish).

Connie said...

You got a lot done!

All I got done was laundry! HA!

Amy said...

It is amazing all the things you can accomplish when you don't have electronics, isn't it? Good job!

Vivian said...

I can't BELIEVE you survived??? Just kidding! Girl I admire you..how do you do it with all your kids..and you still want more??!!..wow! You are one TOUGH cookie :)

Impulsive Addict said...

You were a rockstar!! See? We did it and we made it look easy!!! =) I loved all the pics in your post! I should have done that too!

Natalia said...

I've found the only way to stay "un-plugged" is to have lots on my to-do list and forget my phone at home. Otherwise, it drives me crazy to not be able to google while grocery shopping (comes in handy when I'm can't decide between two products), map my way home when I miss a turn, etc.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Dang girl! That's a busy day! And productive. I could use a day of upluggedness for me and the kids.

I love the photos of you daughter taking care of Dexter--so cute!

Have fun on your camping trip!