Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of School 2011

Another school year has started. This year, I have two in school! Can I get an Amen???? (I still have three at home, but they are the mellow ones!)

Jake started school on Tuesday, the 6th. He was super excited and didn't want me to take him into school. He's all about riding the bus.

1st day of 1st grade!

He has Mr. Bronsan for his teacher. He seems like a pretty cool dude. Jake is already loving his teacher and class. In fact, yesterday after he got off the bus, a friend of his asked if Jake could come over for a sleep over. YIKES! Let's do a play date first! 

I'm excited for Jake this year. I know he has the right teacher for him and will do well!

Zoe started Kindergarten today! I took her in. (Jake still rode the bus into school. Silly boy)

 1st day of Kindergarten!

Zoe has Jake's old teacher, Mrs. Ski! It's nice to know what kind of teacher she will have and what to expect. I'm so excited for Zoe! I hope she does well. She just doesn't like to learn from me, so I'm hoping that she will do well for Mrs. Ski!

On her assessment day, she made this little Zoe for the question of the day. First time seeing it with hair. She wanted brown braids, and Mrs. Ski didn't have any. Because, of course, little Zoe has to have hair that goes all they way down to her bum.


Answering the question. She couldn't read it, so I helped her out. Although, she did read yes and no! 


Her cubby. Why a picture of this? Well, it was Jake's cubby last year! 


Waiting for the rest of her table to show up. 


One of her table mates showed up. They were chatting when I left.

I am so excited for my kids! I know that they are going to do well in school. Ok, I know that Jake will do well. Zoe, I'm praying my heart out that she does well, doesn't pick her nose, doesn't fart in class and doesn't pee her pants. What a lady I have raised, huh?

I did forget to put her bus bracelet on this morning. I hung it up and everything. Mommy fail. But I know that Mrs. Ski has a list of which bus she is suppose to get on. We'll see if it all works out in a few hours. :D 

As for me? Did I cry? Heck no! Ok, well I got a little misty eyed on Jake's first day. Shhh! Don't tell anyone! No tears or misty eyes when I walked away from Zoe. Just a big ol' smile!

Leo was cute though. When it was time to go, he said, "Come on Zoe." I had to tell him that she gets to stay here and it'll just be the four of us at home for a bit. He was ok with that.

Crossing my fingers for a good school year! Oh yeah, I said I would be the replacement VP for the PTA this year. I can't seem to keep my plate not full. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Back to school days are wonderful, aren't they? Mine started this year. I love it, and he loves it. But the growing up bit, its a bit fast, I think.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

They are so cute! Evie started kindergarten a couple weeks ago and is, thankfully, liking it. Though she hates the little books they give her to read!

And PTA VP! You will be busy, but I bet it will be fun. :)

Emmy said...

Wow you are going to be busy! My daughter picks her nose too. I hope they both have a great school year

Stephy said...

Busy busy! Good luck with everything =) I have a problem with adding too much to my plate as well. Ahh!

Tonee said...

Wow, they both look so grown up! Ah, elementary school . . . those were they days! PTA VP? What were you thinking? ha ha ha j/k!!!

Rebecca said...

Aww love the first day of school pics! I bet you are very ready for the break though ;) Hope they have a great year!!

Bridget said...

They look so cute for their first day of school! Hope they have a wonderful year :)

Jodie said...

AWW!! What cute kids you have!! I hope they have a wonderful year!!

Amber said...

I love reading about everyone's back to school adventures.

A lot of kids I know are starting (or I guess I should say HAVE started) kindergarten this year, it's so exciting!! Hopefully Zoe has been loving it.

I bet in a few years Jake will take up the opportunity to ride into school with mom, I wish I could've done that when I was a kid, I hated the bus!!!