Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I truly have the best husband in the world.
Really, I do.
Since the first time Steve became a daddy, he has been the hands on Daddy.
Steve holding Jake for the first time.

I don't have words to express the feelings I have for this video. Only that from that moment on, I knew that Steve was going to be the best father a child could ask for.

I never change the first diapers. Never. Steve always changes the diapers in the hospital and the first few days at home. And he still does diaper duty whenever he is home. And he was totally on board for when we switched to cloth diapers. He even will do the diaper laundry! As he says he can "change a diaper with the precision of a surgeon." lol!

Holding Zoe for the first time.

Steve has always made the kids come first. Whether he was in school, he would come home and play with them first before homework. Studying for the CPA, he would do that same. He does bed time with them (to give me a break and because it's something special he does with them) and then would stay up for hours doing homework or studying.

Steve and Leo 1 day old. (We don't have any pictures of Steve holding Leo for the first time *sniff*)

From the beginning, night has been Steve's duty. Jake had a hard time sleep, so when he didn't need to nurse, it was Steve that would be stay up with him. And it has continued to this day. He stays up with whatever kiddo that can't sleep or is sick. No matter what. There have been less than a handful of nights that I've had to stay up, just because either Steve was sick too or had a big test the next day (not counting the nights he has been away). I'm spoiled.

Steve holding Teage for the first time.

I love that Steve loves to play games with the kids. From board games to video games, he will play with them. I love seeing them playing and having their daddy time. I love that when Steve comes home, the kids rush him and give him hugs and kisses. The kids KNOW that their daddy loves them and will be there for them when they need him.

Holding Dexter for the first time.

Even after I've made him a Daddy 5 times, he is still loves all his kids and still has room for more. Being a parent is hard, but Steve makes it look easy. I love how he will take the kid that is having a hard time at church and make me go to class. Steve is amazing. And me and the kids are lucky to have him as their Daddy.

Thank you Steve, for being everything I ever wanted in a husband and father of my children. I love you!!


PS Happy Father's Day to my Daddy! He is pretty awesome and I'm thankful to have him as my dad!
My dad with his big sis, Sally.

7 comments:

Amber said...

What a sweet post :)

You're blessed to have such a wonderful man in your life to help with your wonderful family!

Emmy said...

How truly wonderful!! That video is great- you are a lucky girl.

Tonee said...

It's true, it's a rare thing to have a hubby that will get up in the night with the kids. You've got a good one there - but you don't need me to tell you that!!! :) :)

Lourie said...

What a good Daddy! My husband changed diapers too. Not many girls can say that.

Impulsive Addict said...

Awww..super sweet post!! What an amazing daddy!!!

Kate said...

How wonderful! Hope you and your new little man are doing well. :)

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I love that he does diaper duty AND stays up with the kids. You have a great one!