I saw this link up today, and I love music!
And I wanted to share my top 2 songs on my iPod.
Ok, so number one is super easy for me.
I will play this song everyday if I could.
Now, the first time I saw Hoobastank I hated them!
It was at a Linkin Park concert and I just didn't care for their music.
Then, my hubby came home from school one day and said you need to hear this song:
And I was like, OMG! LOVE IT!!
Who is it?
Hoobastank!
No, really?
Well, it's the only song of theirs that I will like.
And, yes, it's the only song that I like of theirs.
When it's on, it has to be LOUD and I dance around
(even with this big ol' belly of mine)
I dance around and clean.
The kids all run to their rooms because it's too loud.
Come on kids, it's a great song!
Number two is from my FAVORITE band in the WORLD!
AEROSMITH!!!!!
Falling in Love
Falling in Love
I have ALL of their albums. Not Greatest Hits though.
I LOVE this song. It's another one that needs to be played LOUD!
Ok, and because I can't just stop at one, I'll post a few more that have to be played LOUD!
Number 3
Green Day - American Idiot
***Don't listen if you find cussing offensive, this video is not edited***
So the hubby is a huge Green Day fan. He has all their albums.
But I love this song.
Green Day has grown on me a lot in the last 8 years of being together with Steve.
Number 4:
Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get Retarded/Let's Get it Started
***I think they had to edit it for their video***
The kids know this as the Bunny song.
If you played Raving Rabbids for the Wii, the dance stuff, it's the tune of this song.
Love this song!
It always gets me moving!!
Number 5 - Is a toss up between
Linkin Park - What I've Done
(Totally Lame! I can't embed the video, so click HERE if you want to hear/see it!)
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
This was like the first video I saw on MTV and LOVED it!
I was 7.
I wouldn't be a true Washingtonian/Seattleit if I didn't LOVE me some Nirvana!
And the last tie is another tie
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Higher Ground and Dani California
I first heard this song while watching Center Stage and fell in LOVE with it!!
Which made me want to figure out who sang it
(this was before my intro to alternative/rock music so I wasn't sure who it was)
I quickly learned it was Red Hot Chili Peppers
and I knew them from Aeroplane
so I asked for a Red Hot Chili Peppers CD for Christmas, and my big brother got me my first RHCP CD,
Californiacation
LOVE!!!
I know have ALL their albums and LOVE Dani California (Love to play it on Rock Band or whatever game it's on!)
***UGH, another blocked video. Click HERE to listen/see the video!***
Ok, that was really hard to narrow it down to two.
As you can tell, I'm a rock girl.
Don't get to thinking that's all I listen too,
I'm a huge fan of:
Madonna (I have all her albums as well)
Eminem (need to get his new album)
Oldies!!! (my parents are old and I grew up listening to songs from the 50's and 60's)
My favorite song is Rockin' Robin by Bobby Day
Lily Allen
Dixie Chicks
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me...LOVE that song!!!!
AC/DC
ABBA - My Daddy's favorite groups, I love them too!
Floggy Molly - How Steve got me to talk to him...told me about some crazy Irish Punk Rock Band!
Kid Rock
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Dixie Chicks
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me...LOVE that song!!!!
AC/DC
ABBA - My Daddy's favorite groups, I love them too!
Floggy Molly - How Steve got me to talk to him...told me about some crazy Irish Punk Rock Band!
Kid Rock
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Snoop Dogg (he is just so smooth when he is rapping) He did a song with the Gorillaz (another fav group!) and I just love his rapping in it!
(Ok, I have to post the video, because it's too good not too!)
Ok, I need to stop.
I have over 100 CD's
(I have to have CD's I can't download from iTunnes. I need the "hardware")
And Steve has just as many, or more than me. (He's the same way)
I can't just pick one!
Hope you enjoyed rockin' out!

7 comments:
Some very good choices. I love Flogging Molly myself. You should try The Pogues too. Great Irish rock/punk mixed in with traditional music.
You have amazeball choices in music. We could totally jam out together!! I love them all!!! (Except the bit about 50's and 60's music)
I love, love, love Aerosmith! Great picks!
Great music choices! I love Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Gorillaz!! You have a great taste in music. :)
Your newest follower,
Jillian
http://www.themtandersenfamily.blogspot.com
Helllo from your newest follower. Would love a follow back lol. Great music choices! I love Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Gorillaz! Wonderful bands! :)
Hope your Tuesday was good, and your Wednesday is even better! :)
http://www.themtandersenfamily.blogspot.com
Def Leopard is one of my all time favorites! Oh my goodness, I love them.
I can never get over how skinny Snoop Dog is. He just looks unnaturally thin, so when I watch him, I don't really listen, I am lost in my thoughts of how puppet like he looks. But I have to admit, I do like that song. I have never heard it before, and I like that it does not match my rap stereotype. As a kid every rap song I saw started out either in a car, or in a bedroom. And that is essentially what all the songs were about. Cars or girls.
Ok so I totally would not have pegged you for loving a lot of those songs. You are my kind of girl, a hodge-podge of it all. LOVE IT!
Post a Comment