I'm about to share something with y'all that makes me very ashamed.
Today I spent turning this:
and this:
oh yeah, and this:
another view:
To this:
and this:
the other side:
and this:
People, this is what happens when I don't feel like cleaning for a few days.
Four kids, plus a tired Mommy, oh and a Daddy that doesn't pick up after himself either.
For reals though, this is how my home looks about 80% of the time.
*hangs head in shame*
At the beginning of the year I was doing FlyLady RELIGIOUSLY.
Then, I got sick for like a month, and then the kids had ear infections and pink eye, then I was sick again.
And now, I'm just too tired and pregnant to do daily chores.
I know, excuses excuses.
But just doing the dishes kills my back.
So, you can believe when I say I'm in a lot of pain right now.
Oh yeah, I'm having contractions.
Darn contractions.
Speaking of which, here comes another one.
Hang on a moment.
Ok. All good now.
So yeah, that's what I did today.
Tomorrow, I'm going to tackle that pile of clothes that was in my Vlog a week ago.
*head hangs in shame again*
I am TOTALLY failing at this whole domestic thing.
And I've been doing it for 5 years.
Yeah, 5 years ago in May, I quit my job and stayed home with Jake while pregnant with Zoe.
Oh, I need a maid!!!
Wish me luck!
9 comments:
Your post gave me the giggles. I can so relate. I go one day without doing much and splat. Four little kids can be amazing. Not that I am any better!
Congratulations on your progress, even with your contractions! My husband wants me to hire a temporary maid, but I am holding out. Something about that makes me feel even more guilty.
Now, lay down and take a rest pregnant lady!
You're awesome!! I can't imagine 4 kids messing up the house. My house looks like that just about daily with my 2. :) Way to go with the cleaning!
I pray for a maid every single day!! You worked your butt off today...now take a break and relax.Who cares what the house looks like??I rather be a happy mama with a dirty house than a tired mama with a clean house :)
Oh how i love a good confessionary blog. Fist bump for keeping it real. :)
I'm with Ev, total fist bump from me too! My living room always ALWAYS has toys laying all over it & right this minute my sink is full of dishes too :)
wow! looks like you were a busy momma today! it looks great! life gets in the way of having a clean house doesn't it. but i always say, i'd rather have a messy HOME then a clean HOUSE. and the little organizer in me was getting excited looking at your shots. i love that type of stuff!
Deary, you are pregnant. You have many little ones. Don't fret! I am actually impressed by how much you got done! It looks beautiful now! Just pace yourself, and don't worry about it. I say give yourself about 6 months, and then you can start worrying. Until then, you will have a brand new baby, so don't worry. Sheesh, you are not super human! Give yourself a break.
Oh my! I feel so much better now. My house looks like that all the time! I look at all the beautifully clean and decorated rooms on all of the blogs and feel horrible. I don't even have pregnancy to blame, just three kids too. I am a loser in the domestic goddess sweepstakes. BUT! Now I just feel normal! Thanks so much! Life is way to busy for a clean house!
WOO! You're are a busy lady! It looks fantastic and I love your couch, haha!
And contractions, yay! Little Dexter is going to be here so soon!
Post a Comment