Monday, April 4, 2011

AppleCheeks New color

Ok, so from the beginning of my cloth diaper switch and now obsession, I have coveted and longed for some AppleCheeks! They are so cute and the colors are wonderful. See:

Ok, these are not all of their currant colors. The Eucalyptus, Sailor Blue and Periwinkle have been discontinued. Along with Orange Zest (not pictured).

They announced almost a month ago that Mrs. Robinson was getting the ax as well.

So when our tax return came in, I bought all the colors I could find (couldn't find the eucalyptus and sailor blue in both sizes, so I didn't get them. Plus, not a huge fan of sick baby poop green) and of course, no girly colors (so that meant no periwinkle or raspberry). And I anxiously awaited the announcement of the new color. Hoping and praying it wasn't a pink or a purple. I can't put my boys in pink or purple. I just can't do it.

But what color would it be? Black, another shade of orange? A darker, but nicer color of green? Or how about a print????? Oooo, I could hardly wait.

Today is the "big" announcement of the color. Here it is:




Storm....oooo, that sounded like a fun name for a blue or green color.

Wait, what? WHITE????? With lime green snaps. You're kidding right?

Can we say HUGE let down. What a disappointment. I'm not a fan of white diapers. Don't ask me why, I'm just not. I only have two white diapers right now. A White Kissaluv Marvel All-In-One and a white Babykicks 3G (mostly for the color coded snaps makes it a great daddy diaper). I don't like the idea that it could get stained easily, or maybe it's because it reminds me of disposable diapers, color wise. But white diapers just aren't my thing.

Now, my OCD has kicked in for diapers. And I HAVE to have all the colors a "brand" offers. Unless it's a girly color, then I can skip it. That's probably why I have two white diapers now. Because, I had to complete the set. So, despite my dislike of white, the AppleCheeks diapers are just too cute and fit my kids bums just right, I will be getting two more diapers from them.

And where do I get them from? Well, I love this store: The Changing Table. GREAT customer service and they LOVE AppleCheeks just as much as I do!


***EDIT***
I finally was able to make it to Facebook this morning. I checked AppleCheeks page to see what people were saying and saw these two comments from AppleCheeks:

It's the snaps! White on its own is boring but Storm marks the beginning of a series in which we will be changing up the snap colours.

Prints - Comin' right up! Fabric is due to arrive mid-month and then a month for production and they will be available to you! They are HOT.

The snap thing is very Ragababe-ish.  Where you can pick either a black or white diaper and then pick your snaps. I don't think AppleCheeks will be doing their diapers like that. Just white with a pre-set color of snaps. Very cool idea. But still, white, I'm not loving it. But will have to get all the boy colored snap colors when they come out.


And PRINTS! I can NOT wait!!


Note: I was not paid or asked by ANYONE to do this post. It's my opinion on great diapers. Plus, a wonderful place to buy them at. :D

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love that cloth diapers are popular again (my mom said they were when I was little but went out of style)! I know when I have kids I will be obsessed with them :)

Rebecca said...

I love that cloth diapers are popular again (my mom said they were when I was little but went out of style)! I know when I have kids I will be obsessed with them :)

Kate said...

I think all us cloth diapering mommies go from interested to obsession. I'm loving it!