This weekend was what we Latter-Day Saints like to call General Conference.
I love the quote that, oh I think, Elder Holland said about conference,
"Conference is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable."
He was quoting a pass Prophet, and I can't remember who said it first.
But it is soooo true!
This conference I had a hard time focusing.
Even though I had my trusty activity packet.
Ok, it's for primary kids, but I love coloring in the ties!
I'm going to play the pregnancy card and blame it on that!
Even though life is hard and things could be better,
there really wasn't anything I was looking to hear.
But what Elder Holland said, and along with a few other talks,
I realized I'm slacking on a few things.
Ok, a lot of things.
I need to step it up.
I need to do better.
Which reminds me,
Did anyone else get confused and lost on the whole Be and Do talk?
I think it was a good talk.
If I could just get unconfused and focus on what the guy was saying
I think it could be a really good talk.
I'll download this conference on my iPod and listen to them again while cleaning.
And try to read them once we get May's Ensign.
Anyway, my favorite talk was from President Monson.
I LOVE temples!
It was my love of temples and wanting to be able to get married in one that brought me back to the church.
That let me get out of a relationship that wasn't going to go to the temple.
That was hard.
And not fun.
Repentance is NOT fun.
But I did it.
And I was able to go back to the temple after many years of inactivity.
Which lead me to get married in the temple only a few months later.
Anyway, back to the talk.
I remember when they announced that a temple was going to be built in Rome.
Then a year or so later I came across this article.
It talk about the plans of getting the temple built.
And how in Rome you can't build anything without first making sure there are no artifacts or ruins underneath the planned area they are going to build in.
There wasn't. But if you were to go a few feet in either direction, there were artifacts and ruins that would stop the building of the temple.
WOW!
And the picture of the plans for the area in which they are going to build the temple.
The temple complex is going to have:
the Temple
Stake center
Visitor's center
Family History center
The temple complex is going to have:
the Temple
Stake center
Visitor's center
Family History center
Patron Housing Facility
and
gardens
It's going to be amazing and wonderful and beautiful.
And the words of Prophet today really just hit me.
I never realized that this was where Peter and Paul ended their ministry.
This is where they were martyred.
There are a lot of special things that happened in Rome that just having the temple is like the cherry on top of things.
I have this dream to be able to visit all of the temples in the US.
Maybe when we are old.
But yeah, conference was good.
I feel uplifted and ready to face the next six months.
Lots of fun things will be happening around here in the next six months.
I can't wait!
What are your thoughts on Conference?
And if you aren't LDS, what would you like to know about Conference or my faith?
and
gardens
It's going to be amazing and wonderful and beautiful.
And the words of Prophet today really just hit me.
I never realized that this was where Peter and Paul ended their ministry.
This is where they were martyred.
There are a lot of special things that happened in Rome that just having the temple is like the cherry on top of things.
I have this dream to be able to visit all of the temples in the US.
Maybe when we are old.
But yeah, conference was good.
I feel uplifted and ready to face the next six months.
Lots of fun things will be happening around here in the next six months.
I can't wait!
What are your thoughts on Conference?
And if you aren't LDS, what would you like to know about Conference or my faith?

5 comments:
I loved conference, at least the bits and pieces I got between my children fighting and begging for food.
I have some focus issues also, though I'm anxious to read all of the talks in the near future. :)
That first quote was Harold B. Lee :-)
I loved conference as well and it's so nice to count on getting to hear from the wise leaders of the church every 6 months.
The BE and Do talk was one of my favorites, but I am still thinking about the differences of "Be" and "Do" - so yes, I was a little confused. I can't wait to read it and really focus on some of his ideas and wrap my head around what he was saying. I thought about you guys putting up your tent and watching conference. Then, I thought about how crazy it must be with many young kids watching conference. Geddy was one crazy ball the whole time. He was so wound up yesterday that he fell asleep while he was eating dinner -and that hasn't happened to him since he was a few months old. It must have been all the conference watching! ha ha ha
I have a lot of respect for individuals with such strong faith (faith in anything really).
I have a hard time opening myself up to the world of religion. I try because I think it helps to live a focused and more positive life, but I struggle because I have a really specific opinion on what church should be/be like and I often times and too overwhelmed or anxious at churches that don't meet that opinion.
So, anyway...I think you're really admirable for having such love, devotion and excitement for your religion and I appreciate that you share it on your blog because it opens myself up to learning something new. :)
I love your temples as well, they are all amazing, all of them!
So I have a question for you... this general conference, is it like the Presidents State of the Union where everyone just tunes in & listens? Do you all watch it at church or from your homes?? I don't know a lot about your faith, but what keeps striking me is how commited you are & I love that!
Post a Comment