Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Happy List

Photobucket

Ok, so we're gonna do a complete 180* and go from super sad and woe is me

to happy!  
(Yes, this might seem a little Biopolorish, but I am pregnant and well, hormones and emotions run high and low)

So the things that make me happy:

  • My kids. Really, when I was having those couple of bad days this week, they were cuddling with me, stoking my face (something Leo does to make me know he loves me), telling me they love me. It's the best!

  • Steve is home! And is currently making breakfast brunch. Everything is better when Daddy comes home!

  • Red Robin! Last week and this week, we have used Steve's dinner money for his last day traveling to go out to eat. I've missed this place. Last night I had the new Pub Burger! It was AMAZING! And a cherry coke!

  • Bacon. We are having bacon this morning...and I LOVE bacon. There is never enough bacon. I could have bacon every day!

  • Doing my fluffy laundry! (That's the cloth diaper laundry) I don't know why, but washing the dipes my boys pee and poop in, seeing them come clean, and knowing I get to reuse some of these super cute dipes, makes me happy!


  • And along with fluffy laundry, I love getting Fluff in the mail! Truly makes me happy. On the hardest day this week, I got my CDF (Cloth Diaper Foundation) mail. After calming down, I opened up it up and was welcomed to see 12 sets of dipes for each boy (including Dex). The CDF is a great non-profit organization that helps low-income families make the switch to cloth diapering. So, again, a huge thank you to the CDF for helping our family add to our stash!

  • I'm so happy that all went well with my mom's surgery. She had knee replacement surgery 2 years ago. They put in a bad replacement, which caused a staff infection that went untreated for 2 years! She had surgery on Monday to take out the replacement and clean things up in there. If it went bad, she would lose her leg. But it went well! She has her leg, is home now, and has a long road of recovery in front of her. But she has her leg, and that is huge!

  • And last, but not least, I'm grateful for the wonderful friends that I have. Here, in blogging land, and in real life. You ladies have made me feel very loved and appreciated for the things that I have to say. So, thank you, for your support and readership! Comments and love, make me feel great (but doesn't everyone?) and I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate and love you too!

So that's my happy list. What makes you happy? I want to know and so does Mamarazzi
Go link up!

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Sounds like a great list and a BUSY life that you lead! It helps to write a happy list...and I did, too! Happy weekend! ♥

Anonymous said...

OMG I love bacon, like hardcore. I can't buy it because I'll cook half the package and it'll be a meal for me, haha!

I also love that you are a cloth diaper mommy, more should be! I don't have children but if that time comes, cloth all the way. Interestingly enough I don't have an opinion or decisions made in the way of having children except that one thing, lol

Thanks for the tip on Google Reader! I'm getting it all set up and organized. I even bookmarked it on my Blackberry so I can check it anytime!!

Helene said...

Oh bacon. I love bacon. I could eat it at every single meal and never tire of it!!!!!

Amanda said...

What a positive Happy List. You made me smile! Praying for your Mom, and props to you for using cloth diapers girl, I don't know if I could do it!

Thanks for your sweet comment, come back and visit again soon!

jennykate77 said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Yay for Good Mail...regardless of what's in the package! I think on my second go around (if there is a second), I might consider cloth diapering. Maybe.

I'm happy for you that your hubby is home! Eating out and him cooking gives you a little bit of a break, so that's good!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Myya said...

Sooo glad the hubs is home! Life is definitely much better when you've got someone to help at home with the load.

The CDF sounds like an awesome foundation!!! Not sure I could do the cloth diaper thing, I mean it doesn't gross me out or anything & it makes complete & total sense, I am just lazy I guess LOL.

One word about Red Robon... YUM!!! Hmmmm wonder if my hubby will take me one of these days soon??? :)