JANUARY
We are settling in for the busy season. Steve is pulled off the Alaska client, but is put on a Seattle client for 5 weeks starting at the end of January. The kids are tired of staying in the house. I think about starting to work out and contact a friend to help plan some at home work outs. We learn Steve past part 1 of the CPA. He takes part 2 the first week of the month.
FEBRUARY
Steve is gone for like ever. I join a gym and soon realize that I picked the wrong one. Kids and I keep getting sick. But on the bright side, I'm down almost 15 pound by the end of the month. Leo turns 2. After making some really poor choices, I start my deep decent into depression.
MARCH
Busy season is finally over. Steve is home for a while before he has to travel again. Steve passes part 2 of the CPA! It warms up, and the kids are go outside some more. I just about stop going to the gym, lost my 15 pounds and our downstairs neighbors become more of problem with complaining about our kids. And we can't open windows because they smoke all the time. I make awesome Easter Baskets for the kids!
APRIL
Steve is gone for half the month. Teage starts crawling while Steve is away. We pull an awesome April fools! Going outside to play more. Kids are finally not sick (stopped going to gym and working out). I start to get the baby itch. We go back to Utah to see my best friend, Kelley, get married. Stayed with a couple of different friends. Realize that we will never move back to Utah. It's just not the place for us. Learn we are going to have a new niece in November!
MAY
Steve is gone again. But only for a week. I plan an awesome surprise birthday party. Our good friends Adam and Laura fly up here for Steve's birthday weekend. We have a blast showing our friends around. Steve turns 30.
JUNE
We head up to Shelton to celebrate Steve's mom 60th birthday. We have a blast seeing family. The next day is our 7th anniversary, so we head to Ocean Shores and play on the beach for a few hours before heading back home. June is beautiful here and I fall more in love with Portland. We register Jake for school. Steve is home pretty much the whole month. We are exploring the city and finding lots of fun parks to play in.
JULY
We play in lots of parks. Spend the 4th at home. Go to the beach, get the van stuck in the sand, and get very burnt. Teage turns 1. Zoe turns 4. We head to Moses Lake for a day to see Steve's Dad and step-mom. Then head down to Idaho to spend two weeks with my parents while Steve is working with a client near by. After a week with my parents, my brother goes on vacation and offers to let us stay at their home/house sit for the next week. We enjoy our time with family. Come home to learn our crappy neighbors have moved while we were gone! We finally feel like its time to start trying for a baby.
AUGUST
I hit rock bottom. Depression sucks and after some crazy stuff, I learn I need help and to change my ways. Steve is wonderful and helps me through one of the hardest times in my life. After the awesome birthdays I've done for Steve, and with my depression, I tell Steve that my birthday better rock (the last couple have sucked big time). He gets his mom to come down the weekend before my birthday. She kicks me out of the house and I meet Steve downtown to spend the night in a fancy hotel (all those weeks away has earned Steve a lot of Marriott points!), do the Farmers Market at PSU, walk down to the Saturday Market and get some awesome cooper ear rings and lots of yummy food! My birthday comes and I have the best cake (a very naught dounghnut from VooDoo) and it's wonderful. Jake is getting very excited for school to start.
SEPTEMBER
Jake starts school. And I become one of those moms. Zoe, Leo and Teage deal with him being gone, but end up loving the quiet time! I start to get better by relying on the Lord and doing what I'm suppose to do. Steve gets busier at work, and is gone for three out of the four weeks. We learn we are not pregnant at the beginning of the month. First time we didn't get pregnant on the first try. For Labor Day we go camping with Steve's sister and her friends at Camp Zion in Washington. It was a blast! With Steve being gone for most of the month, we don't think we'll get pregnant, but we learn at the end of the September, that our timing was right, and we'll be having baby number 5 in the early part of June!
OCTOBER
Jake is loving school! I make Trick-or-Treat bags for the kids. Along with costumes this year. Steve is home for most of the month. My parents come up to visit during Halloween. I come back to blogging feeling much better. It's amazing what a month of prayer and reading the scriptures, going to the temple with the ward and just a thousand of priesthood blessing can do to turn a girl around. I'm feeling the best I've felt in over a year! Life is good! Zoe starts a dance class with her friends and loves it! It's still warm, so we're still going outside as much as we can before it gets really cold. I make a nursing cover for my sister-in-law.
NOVEMBER
We get our first look at baby number 5. An alien! LOL! Steve is home all month! Steve's sister has her baby girl, Annabelle! Jake is rocking it at school. The kids and I stay indoors now. Steve invites a co-worker over for dinner. Jake turns 6. Thinks that now that he is 6 he can start 1st grade. Thanksgiving is spent at home. We make a yummy dinner! We have a friend over for Thanksgiving dinner from Logan. Steve takes part 3 of the CPA.
DECEMBER
Jake is still loving school. He's a little upset that he can't go to school for the whole month. Steve is only gone for one week. We get an awesome, yet pokey, tree. We got to two different holiday parties for his work. Have a good time at both. Kids are really sick of staying indoors. Which comes to ahead when neighbors complain to us about the noise. We make up and things are better. Christmas is spent at home. Loved just being at home and enjoying a very low key holiday. Christmas Eve was spent with the Keys. All the kids act out the Nativity story, and Kari is glad Zoe got to be Mary. LOL! Steve takes vacation and I get to sew all week. I finish the quilt for baby Annabelle! Steve learns he past part 3 of the CPA exam. Takes the at home/open book ethics exam and passes it! Only one more test to go!
So that's our year. A lot of downs, not a lot of ups, but the ups were very high. We are all very glad that 2010 is over. We can't wait to see what 2011 brings. Besides a new baby (hoping for a girl) we just know that this new year is going to be amazing!
We are settling in for the busy season. Steve is pulled off the Alaska client, but is put on a Seattle client for 5 weeks starting at the end of January. The kids are tired of staying in the house. I think about starting to work out and contact a friend to help plan some at home work outs. We learn Steve past part 1 of the CPA. He takes part 2 the first week of the month.
FEBRUARY
Steve is gone for like ever. I join a gym and soon realize that I picked the wrong one. Kids and I keep getting sick. But on the bright side, I'm down almost 15 pound by the end of the month. Leo turns 2. After making some really poor choices, I start my deep decent into depression.
MARCH
Busy season is finally over. Steve is home for a while before he has to travel again. Steve passes part 2 of the CPA! It warms up, and the kids are go outside some more. I just about stop going to the gym, lost my 15 pounds and our downstairs neighbors become more of problem with complaining about our kids. And we can't open windows because they smoke all the time. I make awesome Easter Baskets for the kids!
APRIL
Steve is gone for half the month. Teage starts crawling while Steve is away. We pull an awesome April fools! Going outside to play more. Kids are finally not sick (stopped going to gym and working out). I start to get the baby itch. We go back to Utah to see my best friend, Kelley, get married. Stayed with a couple of different friends. Realize that we will never move back to Utah. It's just not the place for us. Learn we are going to have a new niece in November!
MAY
Steve is gone again. But only for a week. I plan an awesome surprise birthday party. Our good friends Adam and Laura fly up here for Steve's birthday weekend. We have a blast showing our friends around. Steve turns 30.
JUNE
We head up to Shelton to celebrate Steve's mom 60th birthday. We have a blast seeing family. The next day is our 7th anniversary, so we head to Ocean Shores and play on the beach for a few hours before heading back home. June is beautiful here and I fall more in love with Portland. We register Jake for school. Steve is home pretty much the whole month. We are exploring the city and finding lots of fun parks to play in.
JULY
We play in lots of parks. Spend the 4th at home. Go to the beach, get the van stuck in the sand, and get very burnt. Teage turns 1. Zoe turns 4. We head to Moses Lake for a day to see Steve's Dad and step-mom. Then head down to Idaho to spend two weeks with my parents while Steve is working with a client near by. After a week with my parents, my brother goes on vacation and offers to let us stay at their home/house sit for the next week. We enjoy our time with family. Come home to learn our crappy neighbors have moved while we were gone! We finally feel like its time to start trying for a baby.
AUGUST
I hit rock bottom. Depression sucks and after some crazy stuff, I learn I need help and to change my ways. Steve is wonderful and helps me through one of the hardest times in my life. After the awesome birthdays I've done for Steve, and with my depression, I tell Steve that my birthday better rock (the last couple have sucked big time). He gets his mom to come down the weekend before my birthday. She kicks me out of the house and I meet Steve downtown to spend the night in a fancy hotel (all those weeks away has earned Steve a lot of Marriott points!), do the Farmers Market at PSU, walk down to the Saturday Market and get some awesome cooper ear rings and lots of yummy food! My birthday comes and I have the best cake (a very naught dounghnut from VooDoo) and it's wonderful. Jake is getting very excited for school to start.
SEPTEMBER
Jake starts school. And I become one of those moms. Zoe, Leo and Teage deal with him being gone, but end up loving the quiet time! I start to get better by relying on the Lord and doing what I'm suppose to do. Steve gets busier at work, and is gone for three out of the four weeks. We learn we are not pregnant at the beginning of the month. First time we didn't get pregnant on the first try. For Labor Day we go camping with Steve's sister and her friends at Camp Zion in Washington. It was a blast! With Steve being gone for most of the month, we don't think we'll get pregnant, but we learn at the end of the September, that our timing was right, and we'll be having baby number 5 in the early part of June!
OCTOBER
Jake is loving school! I make Trick-or-Treat bags for the kids. Along with costumes this year. Steve is home for most of the month. My parents come up to visit during Halloween. I come back to blogging feeling much better. It's amazing what a month of prayer and reading the scriptures, going to the temple with the ward and just a thousand of priesthood blessing can do to turn a girl around. I'm feeling the best I've felt in over a year! Life is good! Zoe starts a dance class with her friends and loves it! It's still warm, so we're still going outside as much as we can before it gets really cold. I make a nursing cover for my sister-in-law.
NOVEMBER
We get our first look at baby number 5. An alien! LOL! Steve is home all month! Steve's sister has her baby girl, Annabelle! Jake is rocking it at school. The kids and I stay indoors now. Steve invites a co-worker over for dinner. Jake turns 6. Thinks that now that he is 6 he can start 1st grade. Thanksgiving is spent at home. We make a yummy dinner! We have a friend over for Thanksgiving dinner from Logan. Steve takes part 3 of the CPA.
DECEMBER
Jake is still loving school. He's a little upset that he can't go to school for the whole month. Steve is only gone for one week. We get an awesome, yet pokey, tree. We got to two different holiday parties for his work. Have a good time at both. Kids are really sick of staying indoors. Which comes to ahead when neighbors complain to us about the noise. We make up and things are better. Christmas is spent at home. Loved just being at home and enjoying a very low key holiday. Christmas Eve was spent with the Keys. All the kids act out the Nativity story, and Kari is glad Zoe got to be Mary. LOL! Steve takes vacation and I get to sew all week. I finish the quilt for baby Annabelle! Steve learns he past part 3 of the CPA exam. Takes the at home/open book ethics exam and passes it! Only one more test to go!
So that's our year. A lot of downs, not a lot of ups, but the ups were very high. We are all very glad that 2010 is over. We can't wait to see what 2011 brings. Besides a new baby (hoping for a girl) we just know that this new year is going to be amazing!
1 comment:
looks like it was a great year all in all. my sister had her oldest start kindergarten this year. she and i spent an hour on the phone everyday that first few weeks. it was really hard for her.
Post a Comment