Friday, November 12, 2010

Family

Today, I took Zoe to her last dance class where they danced for us. (More on that later)

So, in walk me and my four kids, and a friend of mine (also has a daughter in the same dance class) came up and started asking me how I was feeling. We talked about my pregnancy and all that.

After our conversation, a mother with a small baby and her little girl that was also in the dance class, started speaking to her mother or friend about how irresponsible it is to have a large family. That she couldn't even think of having another one without help and how on earth could you really get to know your kids the more you have?

I mean, really, lady? I can hear you! It made me so angry that she was judging me for having a big family. I have never ever heard anything like this. I just wanted to give her a piece of my mind.

My children are loved! More than anything else in this world. And I know my children. Very well. Probably, better then she knew her two kids.

Jake-He's an active little boy that is just exploding with creativity now that he is going to school. He's a quick learner. He loves his brothers and sister and is a great helper. He's always hungry (ALWAYS) and always singing some song he learned at school. Jake loves to say prayers and going to church. He's not much of a cuddlier, but when he does, it's awesome! Jake can be shy, but opens up once he gets to know you. He loves his Boppie and Grammy and Grandma Marilu. And his cousins. Jake loves to run and would run laps all day long if he could!

Zoe-Is 4, what else can I say? LOL! She's a girly girl that knows how to play with the boys. She can be a tough girl, and I'm sure could take on any bully (since, she used to be one). She's a slow learner. But once she gets something, she's got it. She loves to dance! She dances all the time. Zoe loves her brothers and does all that she can to help take care of them. She loves Jesus and gets excited to say prayers and go to church. She loves to cuddle and gives the best hugs ever! She really loves her Aunt Elizabeth (aka, Aunt Kayla or Mama) and her Uncle Joseph (aka Papa) and if you make her friend list, she'll call you Mama too. She has been afraid of animals, but has gotten over that fear. She, too, loves her grandparents! And cousins.

Leo-Is owning the terrible twos right now. He loves to learn. He loves to be silly and play all day long. Leo loves to cuddle. And will cuddle with you for a long time! He just learned how to give great hugs and gives them willingly! He also, just started saying his own prayers and is thankful for everything! Leo is in nursery with his daddy and loves it. I'm a little concerned what he'll think next year when he moves up to senior nursery and Daddy stays behind. He loves to run.

Teage-Loves to give kisses. He was a cuddlier, but now that he is off the breast and onto a sippy cup, he is always on the go and doesn't cuddle much. He's totally a boy and makes sounds effects all the time when he plays. Teage has started to wrestle with Jake and Leo. He knows that pulling sissy's hair will hurt her. He has a few words that he says, but he's more into making noise. He blows kisses and likes to walk in circles.

So, yeah, I have 4.5 kids and I know them all very much. I know their likes and dislikes. I know how to handle each in their own special way. I give time to all of them and love them all the same, no more or less then another one. I just have a big heart over flowing with love and I know I'm a good mom. I know that I can be a mom to a gaggle of kids! I shouldn't let judgmental women get to me.

1 comment:

:: ashley :: said...

my mom had 7 kids in 8 years and got ALL sorts of similar horrible comments while we were growing up. you are given each and every one of your children because no one is a better match for them than you, no matter how many you have as long as you have heavenly fathers help i believe he'll help you give every child the attention they need. forget about what ignorant people say ;)