Friday, July 23, 2010

{Happy Birthday Zoe!}

My baby girl is 4 today! (Not sure how I feel about that yet)

She is just a sweet girl!

Zoe at 1 day old. Look at the beautiful, curly, black hair!!

When she was just a baby, the only way to make her calm was to pat her back. But it wasn't just a pat, it was a beating. I was sure that it was hurting her, but she would fall asleep as he pounded her back to help her stop crying. Should have known then that she would be a handful! LOL!


Zoe on her 1st birthday. So cute!

For about a six month period, the only way she would smile would be like this, with her tongue out. We have a family photo (the only one we have that was done by a "professional" and Zo is "smiling" with her tongue sticking out!


Zo on her 2nd birthday.

They change so much in one year. Did you know that we have only cut her hair once? She had a reverse mullet going on. We waited until the front was long enough to have a cute bob. That was Thanksgiving 2007. Yup, that was the last time she had a hair cut. Is that good or bad?


3rd birthday

So much was going on for this birthday. I just had Teage 3 days earlier, we were moving the next week, and Grandma Coster was staying with us. It's a good thing too, because Grandma really made this birthday special! And, at least for now, Zoe doesn't mind having a baby brother who's birthday is a few days before hers!


(Ok so this is from the 4th, but she's sleeping right now)

4 years ago we welcomed a sweet, little baby girl. I was so happy to have a little girl! I still am, but man-oh-man, girls are tough! At least Zoe is. But I wouldn't change a thing about her!

She defends herself on the playground (yes, she did have a bully phase, but now she protects little kids too).
She potty trained (something I didn't think was going to happen for a while).
She loves babies (real and fake).
She's my daughter for sure because she'll ask her Daddy for soft touches on her back or tummy all the time.
She loves to cuddle.
She loves to be a mommy to everything little baby she sees. Whether it's her baby brothers, or some random toddler she sees at the park or at church, she makes sure that they are well taken care of!
She gives the best hugs still!
And the best thing is, she'll just come up to you and give you a kiss! So cute!!

Zoe has been such a blessing to our family! With a house full of boys, it's nice to have Princess stuff and tea parties!

Happy Birthday, Zoe! I love you so much, princess!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is our favorite Granddaughter (she is our only granddaughter). It doesn't seem like it has been 4 years since she was born. Happy Birthday Zoe!
Grammy & Boppie

The Crookston Fam said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! They are so cute! I love reading about their personalities. It's amazing how different kids are. :)

Rachel said...

I'll never forget seeing her for the first time as a baby and being ridiculously jealous at all that GORGEOUS dark hair! Happy Birthday Zoe!