For the last two months I had been telling Steve that for his birthday we would be going to his sister's for his birthday. I even got his sister to help me with that. And that all activities were a surprise to Steve. But, in fact, since Christmas, I've been planning with Laura (our friends in Logan) to have them come up here for Steve's birthday!
At first it was going to be just Adam, because his birthday is the week before Steve's. And we thought our boys would enjoy sometime together playing video games and golfing. But, that changed (and I'm so happy it did!) and Laura and their daughter Aybri came too!
We had a blast!! Steve was so surprised on Friday (May 28th) when someone came knocking on our door and it was Adam and Laura!! After they showed up, we headed to the zoo via the MAX. The kids loved riding the train!! Yes, it was raining, but it was the best time to go! And a great way to introduce our Utahan friends to the Pacific Northwest!
At first it was going to be just Adam, because his birthday is the week before Steve's. And we thought our boys would enjoy sometime together playing video games and golfing. But, that changed (and I'm so happy it did!) and Laura and their daughter Aybri came too!
We had a blast!! Steve was so surprised on Friday (May 28th) when someone came knocking on our door and it was Adam and Laura!! After they showed up, we headed to the zoo via the MAX. The kids loved riding the train!! Yes, it was raining, but it was the best time to go! And a great way to introduce our Utahan friends to the Pacific Northwest!
The next day we made breakfast, went to Target for some fun stuff, went to Costco (for shopping and lunch!), went to the park and then off to Voodoo for some yummy doughnuts! Steve, Adam and I had the bacon maple bar (don't knock it until you try it, I did, and I take back all the bad things I said about this heavenly treat!), the kids had mini-m&m doughnut, and Laura and Aybri had a fruit loop doughnut. That night was filled with video games (Steve got a gift early) and Dexter! We love our Dexter!!
So, on Sunday, we were suppose to go to the beach. But, yeah, it rained instead. And that wasn't going to be fun. So we went to Out of This World instead. Again, more good times. Then, we went to the mall and drooled over the iPad and 3d tv's. Of course, had to go to the Disney story and look at all the cool Toy Story 3 stuff! We thought about going to the play area, but we were getting kind of tired, so afterwards, we just went home and played more video games and napped! And made dinner!!
Zoe and Aybri spent most of their time playing house behind the baby area. She was really good with Aybri and misses her terribly now!
Monday...Happy Birthday Steve!!! You are now 30!!! I let him pick what he wanted to do that day! I let him sleep in and made breakfast for everyone. He then opened his other gifts and played more video games as we got ready for the day. First off, go feed the ducks! Then we got ice cream at Baskin Robins (soooo good). We came home and Adam and Laura offered to watch our kids while Steve and I could go on a date for his birthday. Thanks guys! That was not the plan, but thank you! We went out for Sushi (while Adam went and got McDonald's for our kids and Red Robin for him and Laura), looked at a really bad car accident at 185th and Cornell (yeah, that was a pain in the butt to go around, glad no one was killed, because it looked like it should have really hurt someone) and then went to the book store to drool over books. We made it home and watched more Dexter!!
Tuesday, Steve had to go back to work, so Adam and Laura and the kids and I headed down town. We got lost. It was raining. So we parked under Steve's office and spent a while in Powell Book Store. Steve joined us for a bit. It's a good thing we all love books. We spent a long time there. We all came home and everyone but me took naps. I watched some of my show's. Then Adam picked up Steve from work (they got much needed guy time) and Adam and Laura went out for dinner while Steve and I enjoyed more time alone with our kids. They came back just in time for bedtime. Which meant more Dexter. Too bad we couldn't finish the season with them, because it's real good!!
Wednesday we said farewell to our friends. They took Steve to work that morning and the kids and I had a pj day. Thank you Adam, Laura and Aybri for spending the weekend with us and celebrating Steve and the big 3-0!!
The Birthday Boy on his Birthday!
I really do have a wonderful hubby! I love spoiling you and doing these surprises for you!
You are the best husband, father, friend, a gal could ask for!
And now you are an old man. But you know what they say, it only gets better with age!
I love you, Steve!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend!!!
2 comments:
Waaay cute haircut - you sexy mama you! You are so good at bday surprises. I amd glad you and Steve have EACHOTHER - you compliment eachother so!
No waaaay....more steamy Richard and Kahlan books! Yes, I do love them so. I am on Temple of the Winds and liking it a lot more than Blood of the Fold (which was my least favorite so far!) I am so glad Brennan got me to read these -well, it was my idea really after watching legend of the seeker - now brennan and I have something in common! Hahaha
Leo was so good to Aybri! Who else could have put up with the hundreds of "Hi" first thing in the morning(continuing on all day long)? Plus he kept bringing her toys. Glad we got some pictures of them on the swings together for their wedding video one day ;)
Thanks again for having us we had such a blast! We'll be back....During the dry(er) season :)
Post a Comment