Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 in Review

Can anyone else believe that 2009 is over already? Or that it's the end of another decade? We just barely realized that it was the end of the decade a few days before Christmas. Weird. Anyways, here is our 2009. Hope you enjoy the short(ok, sort of long) review!

January - Steve is still unemployed for half the month. He found a job at the Liberty Tax in Logan. Lots of hours at first! Kids are doing well. Leo is learning how to walk. And I'm super sick from morning sickness. All and all, a good month.

February - The cruse of bad things is still in affect for us (February has always been a bad month for us) Zoe's thumb was partially amputated by her big brother via the door. Not fun. I would never ever wish for anyone to see their child with a missing limb or finger. Again, not fun! But they sewed it back on just fine, with the only concern whether or not her thumb nail would grow back. Then we learn that my Dad's cancer is back. He would start treatment in March. I enter into my second trimester and we can't wait to find out what were are having (hoping for a girl real bad). Leo turned 1!! I can't believe a year has gone by so fast. Then, on the last day of February we head down to Salt Lake City and check out the Church History Museum. The kids had fun and it was fun to do something that we haven't done yet before the big move!

March - We find out what we're having. A boy. So disappointed at first, then once we pick a name, we're super excited for him to come! Then we get the most important e-mail, we learn Steve's start date at E&Y, August 5th! We couldn't be happier. I start looking at rentals and apartments and trying to figure out the best area to live in. And Steve's hours are cut at Liberty Tax so that's not fun. It starts to warm up, so the kids and I play more outside, and we find an amazing park in Logan to play at! My parents come down and I learn how to sew! And Zoe's thumb is no longer needing to be wrapped up. It's healing well, but we still don't know about the nail growing back or not.

April - We start a new tradition of watching conference in a tent. Kids had a blast with that! After 15 years on air, ER airs for the last time and I'm really sad! Steve's job ends on the 15th. Leo is having a hard time teething. Spent the last Easter in Logan going to the Easter Egg hunt on Old Mail hill, and to a friends baptism. We meet my parents in Burly, ID for a bowling tournament that my dad is in. The kids have fun with Grammy and Boppie. I get it into my head that I'll start my own business (selling at the Farmer's Market) and sell burp clothes, diaper bags, changing pads, and nursing covers. Let the sewing begin! Steve finds a job at Lowe's (he use to work there a long time ago) as season help in paint. I learn that my all time favorite band, Aerosmith, will be in Seattle on my birthday! And my sister-in-law agrees to take me to it for a girls night out on my b-day! Oh, and I win a baby quilt from a sewing blog. Major, because I never win anything! We get a visit from Steve's brother Dave and Grandma Helen!

May - Steve is working. The weather is great. The kids and I are getting outside to play! And I'm sewing up a storm!! I start selling at the Farmer's Market Mother's Day weekend. Sell my first item within the first 15 minutes, and then nothing else. I'm sewing stuff for Zoe to wear. Steve surprises me with pictures of the kids for Mother's Day. (Our camera had died and he got Adam and Laura to come over and take pictures while I got a hair cut!) More selling at the Farmer's Market. Then no more sales at the Farmer's Market. Zoe's thumb nail starts to grow back! We spend an afternoon with Steve's mission trainer and his family! Then, the mice infestation starts. After Housing adds insulation (finally) above us, it forces all the mice down. In one day we kill and capture 9 mice for a total of 10 or 11 to be killed in our kitchen. And we start playing lots of frisbee golf (the course is by the church which is in walking distance!) And get a new game for the Wii for free. EA Active (need to start using it now!!) Steve turns 29!!! Last year in his 20's!

June - Let the rain come! It rains for most of June, and we couldn't be happier! We had dance parties in the rain!! Then my brother and family visit for one day. We play frisbee golf with them and have a picnic. I do lots of sewing and get stuff made for Zoe and Teage! I create a sewing blog. We celebrate our 6th year of marriage! We take the kids to the Temple. My ward throws me a baby shower. My Dad is cancer free! We do a weekend of the Summerfest with Adam and Laura! Move Leo into a big boy bed in Jake and Zoe's room. A bird flies into our apartment. Spend Father's Day at home. More sewing, but quit the Farmer's Market because I was losing money. And we find the apartment we really want to live in!!

July - It's a big month! I'm super anxious for the baby to come. Steve loses his job 4 weeks early. We get the apartment we want! Spend 4th of July with Adam (Laura and Aybri were sick) and watch the fireworks with Rusty and Maryanne. Then go to the Car Show with Adam and Aybri on the 4th. Kids look so cute in their matching outfits (which I got an outfit for the baby, but never end up putting him in it after he is born) I get my swap stuff and find more material to create with! We set a moving date for the 28th. More sewing. I get Teage's baby blanket done. Steve's mom comes down and a few days later (after waiting FOREVER and no dilation for this baby to come) I start bleeding and well, we get a baby! We were both just fine! Three days later Zoe turned 3! The 24th was spent with Aunt Carol in Layton, UT. The kids loved playing and swimming there. And a few days after that we leave Logan after 4 1/2 years of living there. Spent the last night there with Adam, Laura and Aybri. Had our last Aggie Ice Cream and slept in an empty apartment. It's a good day, but we're sad to leave our friends and scared to move into the unknown. Thanks to Marilu and Harry for all their help in making this happen! And we enter Oregon on the HOTTEST day EVER! We stop at Multnomah Falls to let the kids play in the water before we make it to our new place. We get to see Zack and Julie and Kale!

August - First weekend in Oregon and we head to the beach! Steve starts his job at E&Y and then flies out for a week and half. My mom comes to help me unpack and take care of 4 kids. Steve learns he'll be in Alaska as soon as he gets back from training for almost a month. We get unpacked. My mom leaves. We get use to our new area. The kids love playing outside and swimming in the pool here. I turn 26 and Aerosmith doesn't happen because Steve Tyler gets hurt when he falls off the stage. We got a visit from Steve's sister and family and go to the Zoo! And we go to the Air Show in Hillsboro!

September - Steve is gone all month long (but is home for the weekends). The kids and I deal with it, but it's hard. And I celebrate 14 years of becoming a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! Teage's blessing happens and we get to see my parents, Steve's mom and step-dad and Elizabeth and Joseph. We have lunch at a park and had a blast playing with cousins! And we find our Library and start going there. And learn there is a small park behind with ducks, so we start saving the ends of our bread to go feed the ducks!

October - Teage starts to smile! General Conference in a tent! Kids meet their new doctor. All are doing well and growing just fine! Steve is home all month! Only a few recruiting events at OSU. We go to one with him and play in an awesome park for an hour while Steve is "working". Steve takes the first section of the CPA exam. Then for Halloween, Steve's sister and brother come down. We celebrate Logan's birthday here. The cousins have fun! Then on Halloween we take all 9 kids (that's 2 from his sister, and 3 from his brother plus our 4) to Out of this World, then trick or treating near the church! We all had so much fun, we think we should do it every year, but rotate to each sibling.

November - Steve is home again this month. We love having Daddy home! The kids are finally use to going to church in their new ward and don't freak out when we leave them for Nursery or Primary. We both get callings. I'm on the Relief Society Board and Steve is in the Nursery with Leo! (We have two nurseries, one for the older kids and one for the littler ones). The kids and I are sick off and on all month and don't hardly leave. I get yelled at by an old lady at Goodwill because Zoe was throwing a fit. She told us to leave. Jake, Zoe and Leo go to Grammy and Boppies for a week so I can have a week to re energize! We hang out with new friends from E&Y! Leo gets a big boy hair cut and loses all his curls! Teage is 4 months old and is just amazing and wonderful! Jake turns 5!!!!!! Thanksgiving we go up to Gig Harbor. Spend one day with the Ling's (Steve's sister) and then rest of the holiday at Grandma Wickie's. Thanksgiving was fun! I had a girls night out and saw New Moon and then we had a small birthday party for Jake and Grandma Wickie!

December - We have an office holiday party. No kids allowed, so that was fun! We get a free tree from a co-worker. Steve is gone for a week for training. Decorate for Christmas. Fail at the 25 days of Christmas Steve's Dad and Step-Mom want us to do. Good idea, but just too much detail and stuff to do with 4 kids and a hubby that is working all the time. Spend Christmas with the Ling's. Have a blast! Kids love their cousins a lot! But have too much fun and start to fight on the last day! Steve gets his results back from his CPA exam. Pass!!! With a 94%!!!!!!!!!!! Now, we are home counting down the hours before Daddy comes home! And the days left in 2009!

2010 is going to be great! Our kids will turn (in order) 2, 1, 4, and 6! Steve is turning 30!!!! That makes me laugh! We are so thankful that Steve has a great job! We are looking forward to what may come in the new year. We hope this new year will be easier than 2009. Losing jobs, having a baby, moving, it's been a hard but good year to us! Hope you all have had a good year as well and best wishes for 2010!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this. Mom