I made the best decision of my life! I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I would post a picture, but I was 12 with a perm that I should never have gotten. YIKES!
I can't believe it's been 14 years already. It really does feel like just last year I was baptized. I have learned some much since then, and continue to learn more everyday.
So, my story. It's sort of long, and sorry for no pictures.
My parents and two brothers were baptized in the 70's. By the time I was born in '83, they were completely inactive. We moved around a lot, never going to church. Then in '94 my oldest brother, Shell, died. I started asking questions about God, Heaven, Why are we hear...stuff like that. I remember the this "bishopric" came to visit with us after Shell died. No clue who or what they belonged to. So I asked. That's when my mother told me that they were Mormon and a little bit about the church. The next year, a week after my 12th birthday, we moved to Sunnyside, WA. I told my parents that after we moved I was going to go to church, the Mormon church, and I was going to be baptized, and they couldn't stop me. Yup, a 12 year old telling her parents they couldn't tell me no. I don't know what I would have done, if they had, but the didn't. So, we got in contact with the missionaries, and for one whole week (Sunday-Friday) I took the 7 discussions and was baptized on that Saturday, September 9th, 1995. The next week, I went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead at the Seattle Temple. I think it was safe to say that I was a "golden contact". Not only was I baptized, but my parents started going back to church. And because of this choice, my parents were sealed together, along with Shell and I being sealed to them (Duane, my other brother, wasn't worthy to go to the temple, and when he was/is, my father isn't active in church anymore), with Shell's temple work being done for him, my brother Duane is now very active and is the bishopric of his ward. And I, after a period of interactiveness in high school, went back to church, met my husband and was married for all time and eternity. So, this really was the best decision of my life! So many good things have come from this one small step towards exaltation.
I can't believe it's been 14 years already. It really does feel like just last year I was baptized. I have learned some much since then, and continue to learn more everyday.
So, my story. It's sort of long, and sorry for no pictures.
My parents and two brothers were baptized in the 70's. By the time I was born in '83, they were completely inactive. We moved around a lot, never going to church. Then in '94 my oldest brother, Shell, died. I started asking questions about God, Heaven, Why are we hear...stuff like that. I remember the this "bishopric" came to visit with us after Shell died. No clue who or what they belonged to. So I asked. That's when my mother told me that they were Mormon and a little bit about the church. The next year, a week after my 12th birthday, we moved to Sunnyside, WA. I told my parents that after we moved I was going to go to church, the Mormon church, and I was going to be baptized, and they couldn't stop me. Yup, a 12 year old telling her parents they couldn't tell me no. I don't know what I would have done, if they had, but the didn't. So, we got in contact with the missionaries, and for one whole week (Sunday-Friday) I took the 7 discussions and was baptized on that Saturday, September 9th, 1995. The next week, I went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead at the Seattle Temple. I think it was safe to say that I was a "golden contact". Not only was I baptized, but my parents started going back to church. And because of this choice, my parents were sealed together, along with Shell and I being sealed to them (Duane, my other brother, wasn't worthy to go to the temple, and when he was/is, my father isn't active in church anymore), with Shell's temple work being done for him, my brother Duane is now very active and is the bishopric of his ward. And I, after a period of interactiveness in high school, went back to church, met my husband and was married for all time and eternity. So, this really was the best decision of my life! So many good things have come from this one small step towards exaltation.
4 comments:
Yes it was the best decision of your life. Or should I say our lives. Stay strong. I am so proud of you.
Mom
That is awesome Sara! Too bad I can't read your blog. The letters blend in with the background. Does anyone else have that problem? Anyway, you have an adorable family!
Thanks Michelle! I have had other people say they have problems. There is suppose to be another page that's in the middle. A yellow page. Try refreshing the page, that works most of the time. If that doesn't work, let me know. I'll redo my layout for some more friendlier on the eyes! Thanks again!
That is so awesome Sara!!! And so neat that you remember the anniversary of your baptism, you rock!
Post a Comment