Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hillsboro Air Show

So during my last minute cleaning on Thursday, before Steve got home, I had the news on and thought I heard that there was an airshow in Hillsboro this weekend. Then, all day Thursday I was hearing what I thought was an F-16 flying by. Weird. So, on Friday, we Googled for an airshow and found that I wasn't going crazy. And, that on Friday night there was a special Family Night with a show and fireworks! Woohoo!! We got the kids all ready to go and headed over to the Hillsboro Airport. Having no clue on how to get there or where to park, we looked up parking before we left and trusted our GPS to get us there.

We got there, after making a lot of people behind me made because I wasn't sure where I was going, and thought we bought general admission tickets, but actually got reserved seats (guess we didn't need to bring our chairs with us) for cheaper then it would have been on Saturday or Sunday! Woohoo!! We found our seats then went to go check out the planes that were on display.

Now, I have no clue what kind of plans these all are, so please forgive me not knowing!

Our first stop. It was raining off and on so the kids were kind of freaking out. But it was all good, and the loved seeing all the plans.

This was a huge monster truck from the Air Force. Look at the size of those tires! (Like the wrap, yeah, I made that!)



A machine gun in the front. Cool!

A black hawk helicopter. So much bigger in person.

Up close.

Leo in the front seat.

Zoe in the front seat.

Jake in the front seat.

I just had to take this picture. I was really surprised to see Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Mounties! HEHEHEHEHE!

Leo and Steve in front of another plan.



Leo really liked the plane. He liked the machine gun the best and kept touching it. LOL!



This was a mobile air traffic control tower. The kids (and Steve) went up and looked through binoculars. They really liked this as well!









ATV's. Sorry for the bad pic, but it's the best one.







See this plane...

The kids got to climb up some stairs and see down into the cockpit. How cool is that? I wanted to go up, but was nervous to leave our stroller with purse and diaper bag.



Now to the air show. These four planes were a really cool act.

A rainbow from the rain and all the stuff from the planes.

These two planes are just "standing still" in one spot. They sounded like lawn mowers. It was so weird. They must be really light to be able to do this stunt.

This is Robosaurus. He's eating a car. And he was Zoe's favorite part. Every time it would roar, Zoe would roar back at it. Super cute!

After this there were paratroopers jumping from a plane. Totally cool, they had sparklers coming off their shoes. And a set of three stacked themselves and landed like that. That was pretty cool!

And for the finale, fireworks. Who doesn't like fireworks? It was awesome! All the kids, well not Teage hew as sleeping, were in awe of the fireworks. And at the end, four huge fire balls went off and up into the air. AWESOME!!

So that was our fun for this weekend. On Saturday we learned that we got shorted for this pay check and wouldn't have enough for food or to pay some bills. But, luckily our Heavenly Father was looking out for us, and on our Utah Food Stamp card had over $1000 on it. So, we went shopping. It's a little scary that we could spend that much money on food in one day. And we had to do it Saturday because our case is being closed tomorrow. And there was no way I was going shopping by myself tomorrow, and we don't shop on Sunday's. Let me tell you, carrying that much food up three flights of stairs, is not fun, but at least I burned a lot of calories doing so!

1 comment:

Tonee said...

Wow, that looks awesome and way fun! You look great Sara! I can't imagine buying 1000 worth of food...I would be in food hog heaven! he he he