Friday, August 28, 2009

Welcome to our home!

Alright, so this is our new apartment. Please keep in mind I have four small kids, three of which can make a mess faster than you can say their names. So please forgive me my messy home. (sorry for the tons of pictures, but I wanted you all to get the idea of everything)

This is what you see when you walk in.
Maybe not a Jake right away, but if the kids are awake when Daddy comes home, the rush him and give him hugs and kisses!


Off the entrance way is our bathroom. And you can see it goes right into our bedroom. (hehehe, Steve was in the shower when I took this picture!)



Then off the the left is our kitchen. It has a high breakfast bar. I love having a dishwasher and a garbage disposal! The kitchen is in an L shape, so this is only half my kitchen.

The other half. That door leads into our laundry room!





The Laundry room! LOVE having our dryer inside the apartment!


Don't worry, the garbage was taken out a few minutes later.

From the kitchen you can see our living room and dinning room. This is our living room!
(FYI, that's December Boys on TV...has Harry Potter in it!)


And our Dinning Room! LOVE the fact we can use our table now!!

The other side of the breakfast bar. Thanks for the flowers Mom!

And behind our couch is our "office". We still can not find the pegs to the desk, so it's kind of a mess right now.

Off the living room is our porch! Notice the lack of a dryer on it!


See, I still have yet to clean out here. And there is a pool here, just right across the street!

Off the dinning room is Zoe and Leo's room AKA play room!






They have a lot of toys! And these pictures were taken only a few hours after they got up. I told you they can make a mess fast!

Off their bedroom is their bathroom. My mom got the stuff for their bathroom. Monkeys because we have three monkeys!







Off the bathroom is Jake and Teage's room. And it looks huge because of the high ceilings.
We got the tent of Jake's bed a long time ago, but he would always take it apart, but now he's good about it and loves sleeping in his tent!

Teage's crib. Yes, he's in it, trying to take a nap.


Please forgive me for the mess on the dresser, it's the last place to clean up, and I ran out of steam yesterday, and Teage is sleeping now, so I'll have to wait until this afternoon to clean up.

I love that elephant picture! We got it when Jake was a baby.

And then if you walk out the door, and on the other side of sliding glass window and behind the couch, is the other way into our bedroom.





These windows are big and low to the ground. Gave Steve a panic attack over the kids and the window.

Our view from our bedroom. The club house and pool to the right.

So there it is, our new apartment! We love it here!! The kids loving running the "track". That's what I call the loop from our bedroom and bathroom, around the couch and through the kids' room and bathroom. We live in a nice area. Although, about once a week I see the cops outside at the club house for one thing or another. I have to remember that that is normal apartment living outside of Utah. And we are so close to so many good shopping areas and good food! We are also close the to light rail. So Steve usually walks to the train in the mornings to go to work, if he is in the office, or to the airport.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of our new place!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great tour of your apartment. You've done a great job. I guess Steve got the empty boxes all taken out. Does Jake still love to brush his teeth? Have a great day.
Mom

Damaris said...

It looks so big! I might be just a little jealous :) I'm glad you guys are settled.

Amy and Nathan said...

Is that place an archstone? The picture of the oven and the laundry room looks EXACTLY like the place my husband and I lived in when we first got married. Like the cupboards and the stove are exactly the same!! But you place is way bigger than our, we had a one bedroom! You have done a great job, it looks great!!!

Tonee said...

What a great place! I can't believe you see the cops there once a week; I hope you feel safe regardless. It looks so beautiful there!

Kameron said...

I can't keep my house clean with one kid, so kudos to you! Now if the people doenstairs would just take their smoke and move out you'd be good. I know...have the kids run around like crazy ALL THE TIME and maybe they will get tired of the noise and move! :O)

Rachel said...

Thanks for the tour!!! I bet you're loving the cinderblock free living!!! What a cute home!

The Hadley Family said...

Cute apartment! Glad to have you and your family in our ward.