
Grandma Hope died this morning. She was 89 years old. She was going to turn 90 on April 4th next year. My last remaining grandparent has finally passed away. She has one remaining sister, her twin. Grandma Hope went into the hospital on Saturday. She thought she had the flu and went in because she was dehydrated. After some test, they found she had a perforated bowl and needed emergency surgery. While repairing the bowl and cleaning up, they found something wrong with her spline and had to remove it. She woke up on Monday and was on the rebound. Her blood pressure was going up and she was aware of her surroundings. In fact, yesterday, she remembered her rent was due, and had my Uncle Mike go pay it for her. But, this morning, while removing the breathing tube, she had a heart attack and she passed away.
I'm sadden that she is gone. Grandma Hope never met my husband. She only met Jake when he was Leo's age. But, I'm glad that she is home. She finally gets to be with her husband, Leo (Leo's name sake) after 22 years. She gets to see her beloved baby boy, my Uncle Steve, who died in his early 40s. She also gets to see all of her brothers and sisters that have passed on already. You know what's funny? Steve and I are going to the temple today. I'm glad to know that in a year, we'll be able to do my Grandma's work. And seal my grandparents together and have Uncle Steve sealed to them. I hope that my brother and I will be able to do that together somehow.
I ask that you keep me and my family in your prayers. I know that my father is going to take this really hard. I'm just so glad that my parents were inspired to go and see his mother earlier this year.
I love you Grandma Higley!

Grandma Hope with Jessica, my cousin. I think it's Jessica that is Grandma Hope's name sake. Jessica Hope and her twin Reba, is named after their mother's mom.
3 comments:
I'm so sorry about your loss. Good luck with everything.
So sorry to hear about your loss. My grandma passed away about 3 weeks ago as well, and I was just so happy for her to be home with my Grandpa, and her family again.
Its good that you can see the positive in the pain of loss.
And how awesome that you get to do temple work for your family, I never have been able to since they are all members mostly.
Let me know if you need anything!
Oh! Sorry Sara, that must be so hard! I'm thinking of you!
Post a Comment