My dad has had the hiccups for like a week now and they just wouldn't go away. They tried everything. The doctor even gave him so drugs to try and get them to go away. Didn't work. Yesterday, he passed out. My mom took him to the hospital in Ontario, OR and they ran some test. They found that his heart would stop beating for a while then start again. They put an external patch on his heart where his pacemaker is, and he woke right up. He felt just fine. He said that he was feeling much better than he has in a long time. You see, his heart doctor was turning down the amount of time my dad's pacemaker was working. Bad idea it seems. For now, his pacemaker is dead. Stopped working all together. It seems like he does need a pacemaker making his heart beat 100% of the time. So, Daddy was transfered to Boise where he is now awaiting surgery to replace his old pacemaker with a brand new one. Ever since my mom called me (Dad had asked her not to. He was worried that I would worry and come up with the kids. Which he didn't want) I've had a bad feeling about this whole thing. I just knew that he would have to get a new pacemaker. But I just have this awful feeling that things are not going to be ok. I guess my dad was right in not wanting to tell me, for I'm freaking out here. Anyways, he's waiting with my mom and brother, for his surgery. With any type of surgery there are risks, especially with heart surgery. So I'm asking all of you to keep my father and family in your prayers, good thoughts, or whatever you do for good juju. We really need it! I really need it! Thank you so much. I will post again as soon as I know more. Thanks again, and my love to all of you!PS The doctors have determined that the hiccups were caused by my dad's failing pacemaker which meant a failing heart.
3 comments:
My prayers are definitely with you and your family! Good luck with everything.
Thats so scary! Good luck with everything! We will definetaly be praying for you and your dad.
Freaky!! I'm glad the surgery went well. Hiccups for a week...oh kill me! Poor guy.
Post a Comment