Friday, February 22, 2008
A new pet peeve
I don't mean to vent or anything, but this has been bothering me for a while, and I just need to get it out there. If your kid is sick, DON'T TAKE THEM TO CHURCH! I have a friend who's daughter just got really sick and they can't think of how she got sick. I'm thinking it was church. It seems like every time we get our kids healthy and we go to church, but the end of the week, they are sick again. And Steve hasn't been in contact with anyone at school or work that is sick. And I don't get out of the house with the kids much anymore, so the only place left is church. So you're thinking, "why on earth would she be saying this?" because it's true. I don't know how many times I've seen sick kids going to church. Go to sacrament meeting if you must, but at least whip down what your kids have touched while there. Then just take them home. Or just stay home. Don't let them go to Primary or Nursery. I remember awhile back the stake asked us not to bring sick kids to church, even if it's just a runny nose, because there was this huge break out of hand, foot, mouth disease. I know that being sick is apart of this season and childhood, but seriously, I can't go to church anymore without my kids picking up some kind of bug. I'm about to have a newborn baby, and I don't want to take my kids to church, they get sick, and now I have a sick newborn. And with this stuff about not giving kids medicine to help with the runny nose or coughing, we have to use old school ways to deal with a cold, or worse. What if my friends daughter had gotten worse and not better? What if some irresponsible parent brings their sick child to church, and it turns out it to be meningitis or something really bad and half the kids from the ward come down with it? Just do everyone a favor and stay home with your child. I'm sick and tired of having to stay home because YOU brought YOUR sick child to church and my kid gets sick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hear! Hear!
I totally agree and it drives me nuts too! Evelyn had finally gotten over the walking pnemonia she got at church, we go again and the next week we all get this nasty cold that STILL hasn't gone away and to top it off Evelyn has 2ear infections! Save us all from irrespponsible people! STAY HOME!! Church is so not worth infecting everyone else with your nasty bugs!!
I totally agree! I was having the same conversation with Janette the other day because our kids are sick, AGAIN. Blah!!
Post a Comment