Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happy Birthday Leo!

Today, my Leo was born. I can't believe it's been 5 years since he came into our family.

I remember waking up 5 years ago today, with contractions. We dressed and walked around Aggie Village for a bit. I ate breakfast, then we had a doctor's appointment that morning.

By the time your dad and I got to the doctors, I couldn't feel my contractions anymore. The doctor checked me, and I was a stretchy 3. She knew I went through a period of time where I don't feel the contractions. She asked if I would be ok if I had to induced, basically. I said yes. So she called upstairs to Labor and Delivery to tell them we were on our way up. They weren't ready for us, so we had to wait. She also LIED to them that I was a 4 and contracting pretty regularly. lol! 

So, she told us to wait 30 minutes before going upstairs. We walked around, checked out the gift shop and then headed upstairs. By the time I was all settled in, IV in and finally checked about 45 minutes later, I went from a 3 to a 6! You were coming and I didn't need the drugs!

Leo, you were my first to be born naturally. Your labor was hard. And the nurses wouldn't listen to me when I said I needed to push. For and hour and half, I was told to not push. It was painful and I hated it.

But in the end, you came, and were just the cutest thing ever! (I wish I had pictures, but I'm using our new computer and it doesn't have our pictures on it. I'll have to come back and edit once I get on my laptop and connect to the back up hard drive!) I was able to come the next day with you.

From the very beginning you showed your awesome personality! I love the funny faces you made then, and now! I love how you love to snuggle and love your stinky blanket!

Leo, you are an amazing little dude! I'm so proud of who you are now! And I can't wait to see how you turn out. I just feel like you are going to a pretty awesome person. I'm so lucky to be your mom!

I love you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEO!!!
Photobucket

No comments: