Thursday, January 17, 2013

8 more weeks. But who's counting?

Oh man, that seems like so far away. And yet, we have gotten here kinda fast. In about two months we'll be a family of 8. WTH??????



Taken two weeks ago. 29 weeks

I have found that my emotions and hormones are out of control. Maybe it's because I have some extra estrogen in me and not a bunch of testosterone. But I'm a wreak. It's a struggle for me to not be crying one minute and then super sad or crazy angry. I hope that's not a sign of what kind a drama this little girl will be bringing into our family. Trust me, big sister has enough drama for the both of them.

Even though this is my 6th time giving birth, I'm starting to get nervous about the birth. It's all I dream about. The first time giving birth, you have no idea what you are going to go through. And Jake, well, it was a doozy. But now, NOW, I know exactly how bad it hurts. Where the wall is. How far I can go and where my limits are. I've gone natural twice now. The first time, it wasn't ideal. The second time, it was great and wonderful, and hard as hell. This time, I'm planning a water birth in a hospital. I'm excited because getting in the tub with Dexter was amazing and took all the pain away. But this is something new and different. And that can be scary. I just hate pain. I have a high tolerance for it, but that doesn't mean I like it. I'm ready for baby girl to be here already.

But, I've been super blessed these last few weeks. We moved Dexter from his room into the kids room with the bunk beds. He now sleeps, naps, and plays in that room. We've had trouble in the past when we have moved the youngest into the kids room. Staying up late, playing, and keeping brothers and sister up. But not this time. Dexter pretty much stays in bed. He'll get out of bed and play, but that's because brothers and sister are out of bed. He takes naps just fine. It's been a great transition.

And this week, I have been potty training Teage. I was scared he would be hard and I would have to fight him with this. Have a ton of accidents and eventually have to give up because he just wasn't ready. But a shopping trip with me on Saturday for big boy underwear, Skittles and stickers, seemed to do the trick! He talked all weekend about learning how to go potty on the potty. He told his Sunbeam teachers that he gets to wear big boy underwear now and will be learning how to use the potty.

Monday came, and we started off great. He only had two accidents the whole day! Tuesday started off with a massive poop accident. Not his fault, dinner the night before didn't agree with him. It didn't agree with me. I didn't count that against him. Just told him if he felt like farting, to go to the potty first. Only two accidents that day. Yesterday was a great day! Only one accident, and he was telling me when he needed to go! Today, we are starting off just fine. He's telling me when he has to go. And so far, so good!

Do you know how long it's been since we have had only ONE in diapers??? SIX AND A HALF YEARS! Yup, that's a long time. And it's only going to last a few months until baby girl is born. I'm soaking up the time of just changing one bum, while it lasts!

For now, I'm trying to over come my emotions. You know the scripture, "The natural man is an enemy of God." I can a test to that. My body is just not wanting me or letting me feel the Spirit, or peace that He brings. There is so much "noise" in my head and in my heart. I'm working really hard to not let my emotions and hormones control me. It's hard. Super hard. But I can do it.

Now I'm just waiting for March to come and we can meet this trouble maker. I can't wait to hold a baby girl in my arms! It's been too long!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Myya said...

Sara you look fantastic! You have kept yourself in great shape. Good for you, I'm a lil jealous :)