It's hard to believe that 8 years ago today, the world as I knew it changed. And changed for the better!
Today, Jacob turned 8 years old. Is your mind blown? Mine is! He is such a great kid. He's super smart. Loves math! Loves to read! He's a great helper around the house and with the kids.
I am truly a lucky lady to have him as my son! I love you Jake!!
His birthday cake. Strawberry and chocolate. I forgot to grab an 8 candle, so Daddy made due with a 6 + 2. Jake had the idea for the math on his cake!
Singing Happy Birthday to the birthday boy!
Blowing out the candles.
The day was spent with Mommy, shopping. We went to Target, and with some birthday money from Grammy, got a Lego Star Wars book. Then over to Costco for some lunch and ordering his baptism cake. Then to Safeway for the routine shopping there. Not much, but we enjoyed our time together!
We came home to the cake getting frosting (thanks Steve for making the cake this year!), presents wrapped, and his brothers and sister giving him homemade cards.
After cake, he opened up his presents. He got two more wall maps with fun stuff about each country and state on them. And Daddy's old lego set. Jake has been dying to get the small legos. We plan on getting him more for Christmas.
After that, we put up the rest of our Christmas lights (more on that later) and watched the Aggies win the WAC Championship! Jake said, "If the Aggies win, this will be the bestest birthday in my whole life!" Glad they could pull for you buddy!
The rest of the day was spent playing with Legos and reading books.
I'm so glad that Jake is totally fine with cheap parents that don't want to throw a party small family parties and homemade and hand-me-down gifts.
I love my Jacob! He truly is a great kid and loves me and his family so much! I am so proud of him and how he has turned out so far!
1 comment:
But there was a time you didn't get along with him right?? Just checkin' cuz I need hope for Geddy and I! ;)
Post a Comment