Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Longest Pregnancy EVER!

Yup, I'm saying that already. I'm only 17 weeks along. But I feel like I've been pregnant for at least 7 months already. :(

We find out what flavor of baby we are having on the 29th. That's three weeks away. I feel like time is screeching to a halt!

I sure to hope that after we know if we'll be seeing some much needed pink or adding to the sea of blue, time will pick up again. March seems like its so far away, and yet, just around the corner.

But other than that, I'm feeling great! The constant morning sickness (that lasted all day long) is now gone. I get a few days where I don't feel well. But I think that's because I usually over do it the day before.

I have reached the point where I have a cute small belly, and not just is she fat or pregnant stage. Yay! Although, two weeks ago, I found out that another lady from my church has the same due date as me. And she still her perfect size 2. First pregnancy. I'm trying not to loath her, and may be hoping that she gets bigger then me in the next few months. lol! Did you know that I'm a terrible person?

I keep dreaming about the baby. I dream about finding out what it is. I hate referring to the baby as it. I want to say he or she. Or by it's name. It. Makes me think of the Stephen King book It. Not cool. Not cool at all.

As for kids 1-5, well, they are doing well.

Jake is doing well in school. He's just now getting homework, and I suck at remembering that he needs to do it. Plus, I think his teacher is going to push the online stuff. I'm ok with that, but if one kids is on the computer, they all want to be on one. That, I don't like.

Zoe is, I hope, doing great. I can see an improvement in reading and writing. She's really good with numbers. I'm so glad she didn't get all of my genes. It took me forever to figure out reading and my writing and spelling sucks. And numbers, well, we don't get along. Zoe is showing that she is going to do well in math. That makes me happy!

I realized the other day that Leo is going to start school next year. I know, I'm already 9 months ahead of myself. But today I quizzed him on his ABC's and numbers and writing. He knows most of his ABC's, can count to 13 and can write his name! We went over writing all the ABC's. He had a hard time with m, w, and q. I'm just glad he has a base knowledge. Zoe had almost nothing because of the struggle between her and I. Leo is so smart and wonderful. He is excited to go to school.

Teage is three. Enough said. lol! Although, not as bad as Jake was at three, he has his moments. He likes to push his brothers and sisters buttons. A lot. He has no desire to start potty training. But I think soon, maybe. I hope. It would be awesome to just have two in diapers, instead of three, after the baby comes. And I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was down to one in diapers. That just blows my mind. But other than being three, Teage is still the sweetest and loves to cuddle. He still gives the best hugs ever.

Dexter is so smart. I think he's going to give Teage a run for his money. Dex took being weened really well. He loves the sippy cup. I think he likes that he can have a drink whenever he wants. He is growing up too fast. I can't believe that he is almost 18 months old. At his 15 month check up, he was still on the small side for height and weight (he was short and fat, lol!) but his head was off the charts! Gotta love that big head all my kids have.

Right now we are all gearing up for Halloween. We have like no decorations. So we are buying a little here and there. Just like Christmas, we'll be picking up something every year. Living in a house is so weird. There are just a thousand things you just don't think about that you might like to want or need. I'm not complaining. It's just nice to have our own space and not be sharing walls.

More than anything, I'm just happy at how blessed we are. I'm a lucky gal. I'm now, finally getting energy back. Getting out of the first trimester haze, to find laundry is way behind, my home is dirty and washing diapers is a pain in the butt. I'm glad that Steve has been so understanding and has been wonderful to step up when he can, to help make this home kind of functional. I'm spending this week washing Mt. Laundry, trying to stay on top of the daily picking up, and trying not to break down about how far behind I am in everything.

If you didn't know, making a baby is hard work. Having 5 "helping" hands doesn't make it any easier. But I wouldn't trade that for anything. I can live with the cheerios on the floor and a pile of dirty clothes on my bedroom floor. If we are happy and healthy. And that we are!

Now, if only I can speed up time and make sure I've got a girl in my belly....
Photobucket

No comments: