Thursday, December 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Can you believe it's been a month since I posted we were moving? I can't! I have successfully packed up our tiny apartment, moved and cleaned it, unpacked our huge home, decorated it and took a break for Thanksgiving and set up our Christmas decorations in those 30 days. Plus celebrated Jake's 7th birthday. It's been CRAZY!!

Please forgive the picture overload. I'm killing two birds with one stone by posting pictures of our home and Christmas decorations. I hope you enjoy my tour of our home! (Please note at the time these pictures were taken, I hadn't unpacked our pictures...they are in a box in the family room...they have since been unpacked, but I don't want to go around taking pictures again. So now the house is 10 times better with our pictures up!)

This is our home all lit up! I LOVE the front porch and have big plans for it!
And since this is our first Christmas here, we don't have all the cool house light decorations yet. Look out, after Christmas sales!!


 This is what you see once you come in. Straight ahead is the kitchen, left is the living room and to the right is the stairs. Down the hall and to the left is the half bath.

 What you see looking left. Our coats and shoes and the billion books that we have!

 The living room is shared with the dining room. We have all of our leafs in!! And thanks to IKEA, we picked up two $15 rugs to save the carpet!! Now, we just need to pick up two more chairs and it'll be all good.

 As you can see, the living room isn't a living room. It's a sewing, bookcase, open space. We would love to get a Love Sac or a love seat or an overstuffed chair for the window area. Someplace quiet to read. I love having my sewing stuff out! Now, to sew!!

And this is what that window looks like at night. Love the blue lights!!

 From my spot at the table, you can see into the kitchen and family room.

 And this is my kitchen (sorry for the poor lighting). I love the counter space! And the cabinet space!! I also love that from the kitchen window, I look right into our huge back yard!!

This is what I see. That's problem just about half of the yard. I love it!!

Here is our family room. (Not to worry, it's picked up now!) 

 Here is our tree! Purple, green and LED Warm white lights. I love it!!

Here is our advent calendar. Jake has put himself in charge of moving the star each day. We would like to put a small coat rack like what we have by our front door, here, so the kids and just grab their coast and go outside.

My fireplace. We have used it a few times. My nativity set looks AMAZING up there. To the left is our snowman family and the right is Santa and two other snowmen. I just might leave those lights up all year!

 Between the kitchen and the family room is the door to my laundry room. It has been a pain in the butt to get the dryer working. After having my dryer vent blown, it works just fine now. My washer, well, it leaks. Just the joys of used washer. But the great thing, it gets my diapers super clean!

Our two car garage, which is still filled with ALL of our boxes. We'll be making a run to the recycling center this weekend. We haven't had a garage since we lived in North Logan. Ahh, Devonshire, I don't miss you. And I don't have to worry about sharing walls and having someone looking into my garage! (Long story, if you wanna hear it, let me know! It's a good one!)

If you were to go back down the hall with the half bath and take a right, you'll go up my stairs. These have been somewhat of a pain. The kids LOVE to play on them. We are trying really hard to stop that, but sometimes it's not worth the fight. OH, and if I were to retake this shot now, you would see my big picture of Jesus at the bottom. I love seeing Him first thing!

Our upstairs hall way. Behind me is the boys/toy room. First door on the right is Zoe's room, then the bathroom. Last door on the right is the nursery. That door straight down, is the linen closet. And the door on the left is the master bedroom.

The boys/toy room is HUGE! This isn't even all of it. Really, take a look!

 The other part of the boys room. I guess it used to be a 5 bedroom place. The owners converted two rooms into one. It is awesome. And works well for us. If we have any more boys, there will be room for them!

The toy part of the room. Soooo many toys!

Zoe's room. When we went down to my parents for Thanksgiving, we came back with my old day bed, my bike and my brother's bike. Plus two dressers. The green one in the boys room, and a purple one (not pictured). Zoe LOVES having her own room! Hi Olive!! (that's my cat!)

The kids bathroom/cat room.

The baby's room. It's so boring in there right now. It's just the crib and the dresser now. I can't wait to make his bedding...finally. I would LOVE to get a rocking chair. So far, he has slept in his crib all night, just a few nights. We are working on sleep training him now that there is no fear of the cops being called on me. (That is another fun story from our not so nice neighbor. Yeah, more on that later)

And our room. It is pretty big. It's nice to not be so cramped anymore!

And our bathroom. I never liked the idea of just having a shower in the master bath. I'm a bath girl and don't want to have to share a tub with the kids, but so far, it's been great to just take a shower. And the kids don't bother me when I do take a shower!!

So that is the tour of our home. Maybe I'll do a vlog soon. Do a walking tour or something. We are really loving living here. I love walking the kids to school and getting them in the afternoons! I L-O-V-E all day kinder!! We walk to church every Sunday. Steve is home by 5:30 most nights. And is home to walk with me to get the kids on Fridays! And the best part, the yard and not having to share a wall with a crappy neighbor!

I want to thank everyone that helped us get into this place. We couldn't have done that without you. Thank you to everyone that helped pack, clean, load and unload the moving truck. Thank you to everyone that prayed for us or sent good thoughts our way. It has meant a lot to us that you would do that for us. We are all a thousand times happier here.

And, if you are ever in the area, please stop by! Now that I have this huge home, I want to host dinner parties and get togethers. Playdates and sleep overs!

I'll be back, regularly, blogging now. I have a friend that asked a bunch of questions the Monday before we found out we got this place, for Mormon Monday. I haven't forgotten about you. I just go busy with moving. I hope to get around to all your blogs and commenting. Sorry I haven't been around.

And with that, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Chelsea Finn said...

I am obsessed with all of your lights! And the cute calender!

Tonee said...

This house looks perfect and absolutely amazing for you guys! Your life sounds much more calm now, I am so happy for you! Are you renting or buying this house? Loved all the pics and the details about everything!

Myya said...

I haven't been around the last 6 weeks or so, life has just been hectic. I have read a few of your posts but my phone wouldn't comment grrrr. Finally I got time to comment... LOVE that you got your house, LOVE to hear that everyone is so happy & feeling settled. Yay!!! Congratulations :)

Emmy said...

Love your Christmas lights! The lights around the fireplace look awesome!!

And how nice for the boys to have such a huge room. So happy for you. And your backyard looks huge! So nice

Andie Jaye said...

what an amazing place for your family to call home! it's so roomy! i love the stockings hung up!

Amy said...

Your new home is so cute! I know this came with you, but I'm a huge fan of the shower curtain :)