
Jake was doing well in school. He lost his first tooth in January. We totally over looked explaining to him about loosing teeth, so he was freaked out when it fell out.
And since Steve was starting his 8 weeks of travel by the end of January, I started FLYing. It was great to have a routine and have a clean house! =) It was also the start of my cloth diaper obsession. I was creating a stash before we made the switch. Even before we used them, I was in love!!
February
Was hard. I was sick. Really sick. The kids were sick. And Steve was gone all month. With a two week stint in Boston without being able to come home. The bright side? We switched to cloth that month!
I got lots of help from a dear friend while Steve was gone. My parents came up the weekend Steve didn't come home. And Leo turned 3!
February has never been a good month for us. Although it wasn't the worst, it wasn't fun. Thank goodness it's a short month!
March
Oh March. Yeah, it wasn't fun. I stirred up some drama and lost a friend. Well, I guess she wasn't much of a friend. She said some pretty hurtful things. Oh well. It lasted for longer then I would have liked. :(
The kids got super sick. Ear infections, pink eye, colds. The works.
Steve was gone for half the month. I burnt out bad. But was so happy for him to be home!
I entered my 3rd trimester!! Dex was super active. I love and miss feeling a baby move inside.
We got a HUGE tax return and were able to finish out my stash of cloth dipes. And pay off some debts and get some fun things.
And I finished up the yearbook for Jake's school. I worked my tail off on that thing and was so happy it was done!
So, yeah, the first three months of this year, not so fun. More drama and hard times then I would like. But I promise, 2011 got better!!

12 comments:
How wonderful that you found out the sex of your baby in January! What a great way to start the year.
It seems a lot of people spent the first three months of the year being sick!! No fun. :o(
I love that you named your son after a serial killer. ;o)
I remember when you picked out his name!! I miss feeling a baby move around too! Isn't that the greatest feeling ever?
I also took a tour of your house! WOW! Look at all the space?? I love the lights! It's a beautiful home. So happy for you.
I've noticed that a lot of peoples' years didn't start out the greatest...mine didn't either. I'm taking comfort in knowing it wasn't just me.
Your children are adorable!!
Poor Jake- I wonder what he was thinking. Funny the things we just assume they know and forget to say anything about :)
You are a strong lady to make it through all of that solo time- I hate it when Eric has to travel.
Thank you so much for linking up! I have your point recorded.
You have such a cute family! I love all of those chubby cheeks and that think brown hair!
Sorry you had such a rough time. That's so hard not having your husband around AND dealing with so many other things.
But you seem very resilient to me.
I think that picture of Jake is adorable!
Glad you linked up. :)
January was our sick month. Actually I was sick for 7 weeks. Two rounds of antibiotics finally cleared it up the last few days of feb. it was AWFUL!!! Of course my kids were sick in and off the entire time too. I did find the miracle garlic drops for ear infections and im still in love with being able to cure an ear infection without ever needing to see a doctor. Amazing!!! Thanks for linking up!
Wow, what a rough few months! I hate when the whole family gets sick like that, and it seems like it never goes away. :(
I love Fly Lady....I just need to apply her principals! hehe.
You had a heck of a start to the year. And I am glad that it got better!!!
I do not watch Dexter, but I know all about him--through my mom. He's the best serial killer. LOL.
It's terrible when the whole family is sick. So far it has happened once here, both kids had the flu, really bad.
I love the feeling of a baby moving inside you, it is amazing.
Oh, how I hate being sick, which is where it sounds like most of your family spent the first part of the year. Hope everybody is OK now!
Post a Comment