Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Talk To Us Tuesday - Random Thoughts




Linking up again with IA and Shawn. Love these gals!

-I feel like crap today. I'm getting a cold. Leo was throwing up yesterday, so now I've got whatever bug he has. Haven't lost my cookies yet, but I sure do feel like I'm gonna.

-I really wanted to post about our trip to yet, another pumpkin patch, but I haven't downloaded my pictures yet. And I don't have the energy to do it right now.

-Last night, while I was following the MILLION (ok 46) new blogs on Google Friend Connect (GFC) I was seriously getting pissed off at the people that put the GFC at the bottom of their blog, or close to it. And, half the time, GFC wouldn't even load.

-Today is the last day of school for the week. I'm not looking forward to the next three days with all 5 kids. And if I'm sick, we ain't gonna do a damn thing.

-We thought our PS3 broke again. But it didn't. Just needed to take a nap, I guess.

-I wish people would on their blogger profile, add their blog. I got a comment from a fellow AV resident. But she was a no-reply comment. And her profile lead me to no where. I love being stalked (online that is), but when you come out of the wood work, I really want to check you out too! Melissa, if you are reading this, please leave me a link to your blog! Or at least add your email to your profile so I can email you back!
You just need click on edit profile, add your email if it isn't already there, and then click on the box that says to "show your email." Trust me, it adds a wonderful element to blogging! You can reply to comments (need to have your comments emailed to you) and continue the conversation!

-When I told my mom that we were coming for Thanksgiving, she was excited. But when she told my dad, he wrote down the dates we would be there, and told his work that in no way will he be working those day. He almost always has to work the holidays. I'm so glad he'll be with us the whole time. Jake sure loves his Boppie!

-Today was my last scheduled Cloth Diaper review. I need to write up more...and take pictures. But that's just too much right now. Forgive my laziness.

-And last but not least, I'm thinking about putting a donating box on here. My pining for an iPad is driving me crazy! I really want one. It's terrible! Anyone wanna donate to that cause???? j/k!

Photobucket

16 comments:

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

Aw sorry to hear you are feeling bad. there is some bug going around here.. hope it goes fast-- there's nothing worse than feeling low and then having to take care of kiddo's too.. mom's never get a break. What's with the GFC thingy? am I out of the loop? if I have it, I promise i won't put it on the bottom of my blog :)

Jill said...

Yikes...not feeling well, and 5 kids that are about to be off school for 3 days?! I feel for you!!

Hope you're feeling better soon :)

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Sorry you are sick! We've all got colds at my house, but thankfully no stomach bug right now.

One of the main reasons I switched to Wordpress was the comment system. I always felt so rude when someone asked me a question and I couldn't respond because they didn't have their email enabled in Blogger.

Though, I'm finding, some things are a little trickier since my blog transfer.

Also pining for an Ipad, but I might wait to see the reviews for the Kindle Fire first. It's suppose to compete with the Ipad and only 200.

Impulsive Addict said...

Emma has a cold. I suppose I'll be getting one next. I hope you get better quickly!

Explain the GFC thing to me. I know it's how you follow someone. What else do you do with it?

I'm excited about Thanksgiving. We're going to M's moms in Michigan this year and I will come home 10 pounds heavier. They eat and eat and eat up there! Can't wait!! Where do your parents live?

I need my own donating box. That's a good idea. Maybe the people that love us will donate to our cause! lol

Thanks for linking up with us! We really appreciate it!

Shawn said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, nothing is worse than a sick Mommy!

I'm glad you'll be spending Thanksgiving with your parents and how awesome is it that your dad put his foot down! I love a good Daddy!

Thanks for linking up Miss Sarajo!

Emmy said...

Oh I hope you don't lose your cookies. Throwing up is the worst!
And totally agree about the blogger profile thing and the GFC, I know I have ended up not following some people because I couldn't find it and then I couldn't remember where their blogs were.

Robin said...

I do not envy you! 5 kids and feeling bad... yuck.

Feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

My GFC hardly ever loads for me. I'm able to see how many followers I have on my dashboard, but a lot of the time I can't see who they are. Not really sure how to fix it. :o/ But don't get mad at me! It's in the top right corner! ;o)

That's so great that ya'll get to spend time with your family at Thanksgiving. This will be the first one that I won't get to. Makes me a little sad. :o(

Connie said...

I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well and your baby was sick. :(

Rebecca said...

hugs feel better

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better!

If that donating thing works, let me know so I can try it!!

~Becca

Mrs. Match said...

That's so awesome that your dad will be with you guys for Thanksgiving.

I hope you feel better. Being sick stinks. Email me and I'll give you my go to home remedy. I swear it works every time!

Amber said...

Yes and yes on the GFC and the blogger profile thing. Too often I've come across profiles and I have no idea who they are or what their blogs are or anything, when someone follows me I always want to return the favor. So frustrating!

Sorry you're feeling ick, I hope you start feeling better soon.

Let me know how that iPad donation thing works out for you...if you have success I'll put one up myself. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm getting a cold too...if the toothache and antibiotics wasn't enough to handle. WHAAA!

Our PS3 gave up on us recently. Had to buy a new one. Go figure our warranty had JUST expired. The luck.

I've tried to tell these bloggers to enable emails on their profiles. They never listen!

Steph said...

Hope you feel better soon!

I don't like having to search for the Friend Connector either.

Stacie said...

Oh no! I hope the fam gets better soon. Being sick is the pits.