Thursday, September 29, 2011

Music for the soul

Are there songs out there, that no matter what you are doing, just get to you?


I'm not talking hymns. Or songs sung at church. Those always get to me.


I'm talking about music, by a band or singer, that just gives you goosebumps when you hear it.


I was doing the dishes this morning, and this song came on my iPod.





Every time I hear What I've Done, I just get goosebumps.


I have to say that Linkin Park'sMinutes to Midnight album is probably my favorite of theirs. Just a lot of GREAT music on there!


And I have to admit, I get a little teary eyed when I watch this video.


Which makes me think of this song:





Audioslave's Original Fire. I just love it! I really like music that has a history listen to it. I blame that from wanting to be a history teacher, and this.





I had an awesome American History prof, Dr. Richards, at Western that created this video, set to We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel. Seriously, the best history lesson I've ever had. The last bit was added, probably, a few weeks after 9/11.


Anyway, the point is, music gets to me. And if you can set what you are singing about to a really powerful video, well then, hook line and sinker.


What songs and videos move you? What songs do you hear that gives you goosebumps and takes you to another place? I'd like to know! Thanks!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

coldplay's fix you always makes me cry. it is just so sad to me!

Rebecca said...

this one is tough because I have several songs that give me goosebumps

Amber said...

Music doesn't touch my soul or anything like that. I mean there are some lyrics that hit me but basically I'm just listening to the beats and the music. Is that weird??

Linkin Park actually makes me really depressed if I listen to it a lot though, I went through a phase where I listened to it non-stop. I do love the collaboration with them and Jay-Z though.