I have been reading a lot now that I have a Kindle. And since the most of the suggestions I got last week, were book reviews, here I go.
I am not a good reviewer. This isn't anything professional or probably well written. Just my thoughts on this book and the others I'll be sharing. I'll also be posting on how to get the book and cost from Amazon. I'm not being paid for promoting their site, it's just the place I go to get books now. I'm sure that 99.9% of these book can be found at another book store. Feel free to search at your favorite bookstore for these books!
So without further ado, my first book review:
Stuck in the Middle is by Virginia Smith, a Christian writer. She has a ton of books from romance to mystery/thriller. All of her books have a Christian under tone to them.
Stuck in the Middle is about the middle sister, Joan, and her feelings about life and God. But don't be afraid, there isn't a lot of "God" talk till the end of the book. She has an older sister, Allie, and a younger sister, Tori. Joan lives with your Mom and Grandma. Dad left a long time ago. And she's single. But when a hot, young, doctor moves next door to Gram, things take a turn for the better.
I found this book, a refreshing read. A romance without vampires and werewolves (not that there is anything wrong with those books), but just a clean, fun, book about love and God. Her feelings about being the "red headed step-child" (she is neither red header or a step-child, but is different from both her sisters, and mom) and fitting into her family and feeling comfortable in her own skin.
Stuck in the Middle is the first book in a three part series. The other two books follow each of the other sisters. So, it's nice to see what happens to the sisters in the next two book.
If you are looking for a change of scenery in reading, and a super fast read, take a chance with this book. But if you don't care for talk of religion, then skip it. Although, it is a Christian book (and I don't really like reading those types of books), it's not heavy on the philosophy of religion. But, there is talk about God and religion. I just found it a good balance on the life of Joan and God. *NOTE* It is not an LDS book.
You can find Stuck in the Middle on Amazon. Free for Kindle, and $2.34 for the print paperback. I'm sure you can also find it at your local library!

1 comment:
Hi Sara!
I'm not good at commenting, but I wanted you to know that I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your family! Oh, and the book looks like a fun read.
Post a Comment