Thursday, July 14, 2011

Little American Pocket Diapers

This is my first written review of diapers on this blog! I'm super excited to be showing and reviewing, Little American Pocket Diapers!

First off, Michelle (the owner and maker of all these diapers and shop) is the most wonderful person ever! She listens to her customers, searches for fabric that is requested and just knows how to sew up the CUTEST diapers ever!

I started buying her diapers back in February/March when I was in search of a St. Patrick's Day Argyle diaper. In passing, I mentioned I would love to have an argyle diaper, non holiday stuff. And low and behold, she found a blue argyle and I got both!

As you can see, since then, I've had my fun of buying diapers from her. Truly, probably the BEST WAHM diaper out there!



A month ago, she asked me if I would test out a Newborn pocket/AI2 diaper. Of course! The first run through was a little big and the pocket was just too small for my hand. And I don't have big hands. She used elastic in the back and around the legs. With a snap down button for when baby still has a cord. But the diaper was just too big and loose for a newborn. It also didn't have a cross over snap, so if the baby was tiny, you wouldn't be able to use it. She used a microsuede, a hidden layer of PUL and woven cotton knit for the outside.  Here, Dex was three weeks old and a little over 8 pounds.


So the second tester was just a snap in AI2 and a little smaller and added a cross over snap, for those tiny babies. And it fit Dexter just great! No leaks, no blowouts, just a cute little diaper on a cute little dude! Everything stayed the same with the elastic, although I think she tightened up the leg elastic just a bit. She kept the layers the same as the first tester. I'm guessing that this diaper would work on a newborn starting about about 5 or 6 pounds and go till about 10 or 12 pounds.



She then made me two more, and they both work just great! I think they are ready for sale. Not sure when she'll be making and selling more, but when she does, BUY SOME! They are great!
Only, do better at frequent diaper changes than me. I tend to keep him in them a little longer then I should, so some wicking has happened, but that is my fault for not changing sooner.





Next up to test, is a newborn/small cover. Let me just say, that she has an eye for putting together the cutest diapers!
The cover worked just great! We were using the Angel Wing fold with a snappie. The cover fit over perfectly and had enough room to tuck in the prefold. I don't think she needs to add or change anything on the cover. I would bet that they would fit on a newborn who still has it's cord and not bother the cord at all. As they have a cross over snap.



As for leaking and blowouts, didn't happen. She has elastic on the back and around the legs, with a layer of PUL and the cotton knit for the front. So, if the prefold is just wet, you could wipe it down and reuse it. As for the fit, I'm sure these would fit a newborn at about 5 or 6 pounds and go to about 10 or 12 pounds.


I know Michelle is really excited for the covers. And I am too! I hope she doesn't change a thing on the cover and starts selling them soon. I would love to get a few more!



As for her other diapers, the pockets, I love them! They fit from about 10 pounds and goes to 35 pounds. As you can see, I have three in diapers. A 3 year old, who is 30 pounds. An almost 2 year old how is 27 pounds and a 1 month old about 9.5 pounds. I do have skinny boys, so her diapers will be fitting for a while.

She makes OS pocket diapers with an option for a snap in AI2. She doesn't sell an insert with the diaper, but you can buy an infant prefold as your insert. And just like the newborn AI2 it's a woven cotton knit with a hidden layer of PUL and a microsuede for an inner. She also uses dot minky, microfleece and winter fleece for inners.

Michelle also does customs and Send Your Own Fabric. She also makes a military diaper from the old jackets of spouse in the military and adds in the name tag on the bum and patches on the side, if you send them in as well. She has slots for Active Duty families for those SYOF. But if you are retired, you can snag a custom slot from her stocking.

The OS Pockets start at $18 and up. I think she's going to sell the Newborns at $16. And I'm not sure what the covers will be yet.

Little American can be found on Facebook HERE. There you can see her work, what she's stocking and what fabrics she has in stock for a custom slot.

To buy her diapers, she is on Hyena Cart HERE. She tries to stock every Friday at 4 pm EST. Once a month she has a Custom/SYOF. It varies on how many she will do. She will also do more than one custom for you, but you need to ask her, she is a busy woman!

If you do cloth diapers, or would like to start and want something super cute, totally get a Little American! For questions, head to her FB page!

So, over all, two thumbs up all around for all of the Little American diapers!

Up next to review, will be an OS cover from Little American. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Those are so cute! The models are cute too. :)

If I wasn't getting towards the end of my diapering days, I might make the switch. I had no idea cloth diapers were so cool until I started blogging.

Amy said...

I really want cloth diapers for my next child. This review was very helpful. Thank you!