Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm cat, a kitty cat, meow, meow, meow, meow

I think it's time I introduce you to our newest member of our family.
Olive Oil
or
Olive for short


In early October, I think, I can't remember, I felt like we needed to get a cat.
Seeing Steve's upcoming travel for busy season,
I felt like I really needed to have some sort of furry companion to keep me company those long 8 weeks.

She took a while to warm up to the kids.
Or get to the "lap cat" stage.
She took to Zoe really fast.
And liked Steve better than me for a while.
Then she warmed up to Leo.
And now Jake is her go to kiddo.
Teage and her, well, let's just say it's a love/hate relationship there.
But, she is my cat!
See the photo above.
She's sitting on me!
Olive likes to cuddle with me whenever she can.
I think it might have something to do with the baby in my tummy,
but I'm not complaining!


Olive is not bathing herself and I snapped a picture of her with her eyes closed.
The other night she curled up next to Steve (trader!)
and I notice she had her tongue sticking out.


I'm pretty sure she fell asleep licking herself.
LOL!
Silly cat!


She finally noticed I was taking pictures of her. 
But, didn't realize that her tongue was still sticking out.

Olive has been a great cat.
Once, we got to understand her needs.
She does NOT like pine litter.
And I hate the traditional litter.
But, I'd rather have to sweep everyday then have to clean up poop on the floor.
So, she wins.
For now.

And now that she is used to our family and the kids, 
she is spending more time out with us, than hiding.
And has even helped calm a few kiddos down and gotten them to go to sleep
by just cuddling with me and the kiddo.

I just wish we had our other cats still
Pop Eye and Bludo.
I think all three would get along well.

Pop Eye

 Bludo

*sniff*
I miss my other boys!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Such cute pictures! My family was always a cat family. I've had 4 cats in my lifetime. But when I got married, I left all my cats with my parents, and moved in with my husband's dogs. I love dogs I just miss having cats!

Amber said...

I LOVE KITTY PICTURES!

I love kitties in general. <3

I had a cat that looks just like Bludo, I miss her...she was full of sass and class.

Such cute little men!