Monday, March 7, 2011

Bestest Husband Ever!

(Ok, not the best picture of the two of us, but it's the latest. Taken on the day I got my new phone)
 
I just had to brag about what a wonderful husband I have!
 
He has been traveling for the last 6 weeks. And has 2 more to go. So, we haven't gotten a lot of time to spend together. (And don't get me started on his two weeks in Boston without coming home....miserable we were) 

But this weekend he was wonderful! More so then usual!
 
Because of the yearbook, I've been working on it for the last two weeks, on and off all day, then putting in about 3-4 hours a night after the kids go to bed. So, to say that our house was a little messy, was an understatement. 
I really hate to have a messy home when Steve comes home for the weekend. I don't want to be cleaning all weekend when all he needs is some relaxing time.
 
But this weekend, I needed to finish the yearbook. I spent about 6 hours on Saturday, locked in our bedroom working on this thing, while he cleaned up the living room, dining room, did some dishes, changed ALL the diapers (we're doing cloth, remember, so I'm very lucky I have a husband that understands that he needs to change diapers too), cooked every meal and even busted out the stain remover and worked on getting our stains out.
HOLY CRAP! That's more then what I do usually!
 
Then Sunday, we had two boys with runny noses. And since we only have a short 48+ hours together, we decided to spend Sunday together as a family, even though one of us could have taken the other two kiddos to church. He let me spend another 3.5 hours on the yearbook, while he cleaned the kids' room, did some laundry, more dishes, more diaper changes and more cooking!
After the kids went to bed, I apologized for letting things get the way there were, and for being so distracted with the yearbook. And his reply, "What kind of husband would I be, if I didn't step up and take over when you need it? I like taking care of you and kids and I try to do the diaper changes, cooking, and cleaning on the weekends to give you a break."
 
And that is why I have the bestest husband ever!
I am a really lucky gal to have found such a great partner in life. I am not his maid, I am his help-meet, and he is mine. We are partners in all things, and it's great to know that he is willing and able to do all the domestic things when he rather be killing Nazi or aliens or zombies.

I love you Steve!! Thank you for allowing me to slack and get other things done. I promise, you'll come home to a clean apartment on Friday!

2 comments:

Myya said...

Awwwweeee what a great guy!

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet hubby! I knew we love Steve for a reason :)