Instead of whining about how sick we are (we are getting better!)
I thought I would take the ABC's of me post I've seen floating around the blog-o-sphere
and do it too.
Enjoy!
A: Age: 27...I think..hold on let me do the math 2010-1983= yup, 27. I'll be 28 in August
B: Bed Size: King! There really isn't any other way to have a huge family and not have a huge bed. More space for when baby sleeps with us! And for adult fun ;)
C: Chore You Dislike: Can I say all? That would explain why my home looks like it threw up. Because it did, and I haven't cleaned up after it. Although, I do enjoy the fluffy laundry!
D: Dogs: Don't have any yet...but would love to get a Bulldog, a Pug, a Huskie...but for our first dog, I want a Beagle! Yes, we want a house full of kids, dogs, cats, guinea pigs! I miss our guinea pigs.
That's Jak with Steve and Jake. We had two Jak and Daxter (it's a video game I love to play!) and Daxter was a long haired chocolate brown. I'll have to find a photo of him off the backup thingy we have for our photos.
E: Essential Start to your day: I have to pray and read my scriptures (I know, such a Molly answer) but really, when I don't I have a really bad day. That might explain why these last few weeks haven't gone so well. Oops.
F: Favorite Color: I love Red and Black! It used to be purple, and for the most part I still do like it, but I love red and black together. It's a good thing my high school colors were red, black and white. Go Grizzlies!
G: Gold or Silver: Silver, I'm allergic to gold.
H: Height: 5'6"
I: Instruments you play(ed): 3.5 years of Clarinet 4.5 years of Bass Clarinet. I still have my clarinet, and would love to get a bass clarinet and play in a community orchestra or something like that. I loved Band!
J: Job Title: SHAM, stay-at-home-mom. Just call me Mom!
K: Kids: Jake-6, Zoe-4.5, Leo-3, Teage-20 mos, and soon to join our family, Dexter-due in early June.
See, sick kids. LOL!
Sorry for the lame iPhone pic.
L: Live: Portland, OR area
M: Mom's Name: Mary
N: Nicknames: SJ, SaraJo, SaraJoLee and my fav, cupcake. Given to me by Jen! I told her how I got my name and how the name Sara Lee was thrown out because my dad didn't want me to be called a cupcake, after the SaraLee brand. So, his fears came to life when Jen, started calling me cupcake! And I love it!!
O: Overnight hospital stays: 1 night for each kid-except for Jake, I had two, one for in labor and one for recovery, (I can not stand to be in a hospital for more than 24 hours after having a baby. I would love to just have the kid and go home!), two nights for gallbladder infection and removal, and 6 very long nights in L&D when I was pregnant with Leo and had a very bad kidney infection that could have resulted in mine or his death or both if things had gone the other way.
P: Pet Peeves: Number one on my list is stupid people. I know, I'm a terrible person, but they really make me upset. I used to have to deal with a lot of them when I worked for DirecTV. Repeating myself. Hate it. I will snap at you if I have to repeat myself when speaking to you. Slow/stupid drivers. I get that from my dad. I might have road rage. Not bad, but I can't seem to drive from point a to point b without yelling at someone. And Utah drivers, while we're speaking of it. They can't drive. Really, they can't. It's called a turn signal people. Use it! Oh and seat belts and speed limits are posted for a reason. Paying your tithing and/or going to church will not save in you a car crash because you are driving stupid! UGH! Ok, rant is over.
Q: Quote from a movie: "Dream of large women." from the Princess Bride. When Steve and I were dating, and would say good night, he would say this to me, and I would say ditto as part of our goodnight good-byes. And "Clean up on aisle (insert number of what child is in need of cleaning up)" from Cheaper By the Dozen. And along with that move, "They set me on fire!" LOL! Love that line!
R: Righty or Lefty: Righty
S: Siblings: Half-sister-Brenda, half-brother-Billy (never met him and probably never will), Shell (1964-1994), and Duane (he's 17 years older than me). Needless to say, I was an oops and was raised like an only child.
Duane, me and Brenda on my wedding day. I'm wearing 3 inch flip flops, so I'm the shortest of the siblings too.
Shell, Duane, me, Mom and Dad 1985
T: Time you wake up: between 6:30 and 7 o'clock. On the weekends, I get to sleep in till 8 or 9!
U: Underwear: Garments, aka, G's or Mormon funny/special/magic underwear!
V: Vegetables you don't like: Beans. Kidney, pinto, black...you name it, I don't like it. But all other veggies I love!
W: What makes you run late: Sad to say, but Steve. Or when the kids just don't want to get their shoes on. I'm usually on time. But add Steve to the mix, and we'll be late. LOL!
X: X-rays you've had: Collar bone when I was 4 (turned 5 a week later), wrist for a fracture, and chest/tummy area to see the very sick gallbladder.
Yummy food you make: Um, do brownies from a box count? I do make a good tuna noodle casserole, but the cook in the family is Steve. He makes better food then I do!
Z: Zoo Animal Favorites: the big cats! Lions, Tigers, Cheetah's!



2 comments:
Are you blogging friends mith Mimi? She lives close by you.
LOVE your wedding pic! Beautiful!
This is a REALLY fun post! I love the whole idea of it, I should do it. Hmmm, maybe once I catch up on the spring break posts I still need to do.
You are a youngin... well not a lot younger then me but still a good few years.
I'm only 5 1/2... you are super tall to me LOL.
Holy smokes you were raised an only child huh... that is a BIG age gap!
My kids always make me late... them & their dang shoes. They have about 20 pairs each but they can't ever find a matching pair Grrrrr!
Post a Comment