Last Friday (the 7th) after we put Jake to bed, he kept getting out and asking for stuff. We kept putting him back in bed.
And then, he started crying hysterically, opened his door and came out. One look and all I saw was blood coming out of his mouth. I made him open up his mouth and I saw he was missing a tooth. First, panic washed over me, then I realized what must of happened and I started laughing. Yes, my poor traumatized boy is crying and I'm laughing at him.
You see, I didn't start losing my teeth until I was 7 almost 8. So I forgot that this could happen at this age. Steve, on the other hand, lost his first tooth shortly after he turned 6. He even felt like he should have a talk with Jake about teeth coming out and the Tooth Fairy, but didn't do it. (See, you should follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost!)
So, on this fateful night, our son was playing with Teage (they share a room) and all we could get out of Jake was he was playing with Teage and his tooth fell out. No wiggling, no pushing with his tongue, it just fell out. Hmm. That's his story and he's sticking to it.
So after we calmed him down, found the tooth, and explained that he will get money for the Tooth Fairy (I had to find a picture of the Tooth Fairy online so he could see what she looked like) he as all better. "I get money for teeth????" He was sold.
And then, he started crying hysterically, opened his door and came out. One look and all I saw was blood coming out of his mouth. I made him open up his mouth and I saw he was missing a tooth. First, panic washed over me, then I realized what must of happened and I started laughing. Yes, my poor traumatized boy is crying and I'm laughing at him.
You see, I didn't start losing my teeth until I was 7 almost 8. So I forgot that this could happen at this age. Steve, on the other hand, lost his first tooth shortly after he turned 6. He even felt like he should have a talk with Jake about teeth coming out and the Tooth Fairy, but didn't do it. (See, you should follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost!)
So, on this fateful night, our son was playing with Teage (they share a room) and all we could get out of Jake was he was playing with Teage and his tooth fell out. No wiggling, no pushing with his tongue, it just fell out. Hmm. That's his story and he's sticking to it.
So after we calmed him down, found the tooth, and explained that he will get money for the Tooth Fairy (I had to find a picture of the Tooth Fairy online so he could see what she looked like) he as all better. "I get money for teeth????" He was sold.
1 comment:
You really can see the fear in his eyes. How much did the Tooth Fairy leave him?
Mom
Post a Comment