Tuesday, February 9, 2010

MY NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY!!!

Somehow I just knew that today was going to be bad.

Zoe woke up in a bad mood today. She fought me on everything.
She wanted to wear her pretty dress Grammy made for her, again, today, but I said no because we were going to go Visiting Teaching and then the gym, and I didn't want her to ruin it.

I fight with her all the way to the van, in the van, when we get there. Then she runs out in the middle of the road. We get to the sisters house, and she has a 2 year old. And Zoe is fighting with him the whole time.

Then she doesn't want to leave. I fight with her to get her shoes on.

We get to the gym. Finally I thought. I can have some peace and just get a great workout in. Think again!

I'm on the elliptical for no more that 15 minutes then when I see one of the daycare gals coming my way. Great. Jake had to go potty and Zoe said she did too. So she took off her diaper and it was wet, so I needed to get a clean diaper for her. Ok, not that bad. I get her diaper back on and she starts whining about wanting to go home. UGH! I deal with her for 15 minutes. That's 15 minutes of exercising I could have had. Finally, I just leave her crying, letting the gals know where I'll be if she doesn't calm down. By now, I'm so pissed off (note, the day care closes at 1 and it is now 12:15) that I can't even think about working out. I know she's going to be a pill, so I just want to get out of there FAST. So I do my core workout and had about 30 minutes left until 1, so I thought I would go on the treadmill for 20 minutes. But I get on there and all I can think about is Zoe freaking out, so I'm only on there for 1o minutes before I just can't take it and had to leave.

Then we all get in the car (after she fights me on leaving and then bolting out the doors and to the van, at least I park near the door and they don't have to cross the street). I have to go to the DMV because our title from the bank is finally there, so I want to get that done now that I'm out and about. I get to the DMV and realize that I left the checkbook at home. UGH! I text Steve to see if he know how much we can take out of an ATM at a time. He thinks were safe. So I go in, and all three kids bolt. They are having a blast, and I'm trying to get them to be still and quiet. Not working. I'm getting very rude stares from people (mostly women that are older than me). I have a few issues with the lady helping me get the new plates and registration for our van. (Mainly just where do we send our payments to). The kids are going every which way. I'm trying to keep them with me, but it's not working. Jake and Zoe start fighting. Zoe and leo start fighting. Zoe ends up sitting on the floor because she is on time out, Jake is standing next me (but near Zoe so he's picking on her) and Leo is mad at me because I won't put him down. I give him my phone to play with the bubbles. But he gets really excited and starts yelling that there are bubbles. More stares. The lady gives the kids month stickers for their age. Very nice. She was nice and understanding. Kids run out into the street before I could catch them. More yelling happens while they don't listen to me and run away from me in a parking lot. More yelling and fighting happens while I get them into the car.

Now I'm just tired and need a break. So we go get some Scottish food (aka McDonald's). Leo is now running around. I order food. Get the kids in the play area. They are good, until Zoe bangs a baby (really, she was like 10 months old) head into the slide she was using to pull herself up on so she could walk to her mama. I yell at Zoe and make her say sorry to the girl and the mom. Other than that, the kids are good.

Fighting to get into the van and more running around. Head home. Make the kids go on quiet time. I head outside to do a quick swap of the plates. Bye bye Utah plates, hello Oregon Plates! But I have trouble with the front plates, and the very nice African-American lady from the 1st floor helps me get that one on. Then her kids get in trouble and the manager from the office is yelling at her girls. Oops, sorry if that was my fault and they did something they shouldn't have when you were helping me. I move to the back of the van and got one screw undone. Try the other one and it breaks my flat head screw driver. Just shears off the flathead part. WTF?!?!?!? Switch flatheads (Steve has some pretty cool screw drivers that pull apart and you can switch form small and big flat heads and philips) and try again. Nothing. It just goes round and round. I break the black plate holder trying to get it off. I bend the stupid Utah plate and scrap up the van. My dear neighbor from the first floor, comes to help after she deals with her kids. She gets my Utah plate off by just forcing it off of the screw. We try and try to get the screw off the van, but it won't unthread. She gets hurts. (Sorry) And tries some more. Then gives up. (Thanks! I need to make her some cookies now for trying to help me out) I call Steve hoping he has some ideas. Doesn't but he asks a co-worker that is here in Portland if he can come by and help me tonight after work. He says yes and will be here after he spends sometime with his family. So I try some more. Give myself a blood blister on my finger. Mother! That's all I say. And then some other profanities. Oh yeah. That's right, if you thought I was a good little Molly Mormon, HA! I've got a mouth of a sailor and then some. Try some more, then hurt myself again. I give. Put the plate on with one side screwed in. I can't go anywhere until this is on correctly. If I can't get it fixed, then I don't know what I'm going to do.

Come inside to hear Teage has been crying the whole time (Jake was watching him for me while Teage was in the jumper and Zoe and Leo were in their room still) and Leo is crying so hard he sounds like he is going to be sick.

UGH! $*#&@ &**%$@ $& @&@ *&^ #*$&.....

I have no clue what else can go wrong today. But I would kill for a slurpee and a very big brownie right now!

4 comments:

Amiee said...

Oh man....Not that I can compare my 2 to your 4 but I can totally feel for you!! This is how my life has felt the last few weeks and it is NOT fun! I must say though I think you hold it together pretty well especially without your hubby there this week! You're definitely a superwoman! Hang in there with me...I here it gets better and easier. Here's to hoping at least! :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about this. I guess Zoe likes her pretty dress. She just has to learn that some dresses or for Sunday or special occasions.
I remember when your brothers were little and they would fight. There were days when I wondered why I got out of bed. Oh yeah! Because I had little ones to take care of... I hope and pray that today only gets better. Mom

Rachel said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, that does sound like a bad day! Especially to be motivated to work out only to see everything working against you!

Marilu said...

I like your title. I loved that book and your day really fit it. Thank goodness they aren't all like that....