Tuesday, November 24, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!!!!

After 11 hours of labor (all through the night) and 4 hours of pushing (he's always had a big head) Jacob Daniel was born today 11/24 at 11:42 am! I can't believe it's been 5 years since that horrible and wonderful night/day happened!

Jake on his Birth Day! You were born the day before Thanksgiving! You can't tell, but he has some serious cone head going on. He has always been a pill since birth. But that's ok, I think I love him even more because of that. (well maybe not all the time) But it's something he's gotten from me.
He was born in Federal Way, Washington.

Jake's 1st birthday. It was on Thanksgiving! He had just learned to walk about 3 weeks earlier. Jake has always been super curious and this got worse as he learned to walk. Poor cats (we had two back then, Pop Eye and Bluto) were always running away from Jake!
This was in our 2nd Devenshire townhome in North Logan, Utah.

2nd Birthday! (Shhh, I know, we had our Christmas stuff up the night before Thanksgiving) This birthday was the day after Thanksgiving. The terrible twos start at 18 months. And lasted, well, I don't think they have ended! LOL! I love seeing Jake's personality come out as he grown.
This birthday was in our scary apartment by Cafe Sabor in Logan, Utah.

3rd Birthday. It was spent at Grammy and Boppies (we were there for Thanksgiving, which was two days before). Boppie rented some lanes and we celebrate your and your cousin Ryan, Will and Ty's birthdays (and you had a terrible time. Huge bloody nose after getting hit in the face with a ski ball). 3 was when Jake started letting us cuddle with him again. He was really into being a big brother again (I was really pregnant with Leo at the time) and trying to play well with Zoe.
We were living in Aggie Village on campus in Logan, Utah.

4th Birthday was on a Monday before Thanksgiving. We spent this year at home. Daddy got home for school and work early and we had a small birthday party (sadly all but your 1st and 3rd birthdays have been just with us). I can't believe it's been a year already. Jake has grown up so much since then! He is always talking, trying to take care of his brothers and sister, helping Mommy or Daddy whenever he can. I'm told he is really good in Primary. This past year has been a big one for all of us, and Jake has taken it like a champ and worked through whatever problems he had very well!
Our last Birthday in Aggie Village!

Jake just a few days before his 5th Birthday. I can't believe it's been 5 years already. The things you do just amaze me! You are just so super smart and totally know your ABC's, can count to 100 (with a little help in the 60's, there were always hard for me too), can read a little bit, knows how to rock on the computer and any video game you play (those Lego Batman and Star Wars better watch out!), you are so good at helping Mommy and Daddy at whatever chore we ask. And you are a great big brother! Zoe, Leo and Teage are lucky to have you as their big brother!
Birthday this year in Beaverton, Oregon.

As you can see, Jake has been around a lot. Since he was born, he has lived in 6 different homes in 4 different towns in 3 different states. With all that moving, he has been so good. I know how hard it is to readjust after moving and making new friends, but Jake has done really well with that. I hope that we can stay here for a while and you can make some really good friends. That is my wish for you buddy. Happy Birthday Jake! (He's not having a good one right now, woke up throwing up at 6 and hasn't stopped yet, poor kid, must be the 5th birthday curse. I had a broken collar bone on my 5th birthday)

2 comments:

Tonee said...

I remembered today was his bday, one day before mine. Can't believe he's already 5, he looks so big and all grown up. I am so sorry he's not feeling well, that's no fun for a poor kid on this bday!!!

Damaris said...

Happy Birthday Jake! I hope you get feeling better really soon.